By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Only 4 out of 10 Players Completed The Order 1886

EpicLight said:
Too funny xD

I actually know a lot of people who main PS4 and they end up selling their games back so fast.. I really don't want to know what that feels like, me maining Wii U.

I'd be shocked if 40% of people completed most games. You'd be surprised at how few gamers actually finish their games.

Now, this also doesn't include those who don't have a PS4 hooked up to the internet, because then their trophies would be unable to sync (it also means that their non-completion wouldn't hurt provided they never connected to the internet).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
sales2099 said:

Some of those games and stats you listed........tsk tsk PS4 userbase

Killzone especially.......damn. Not that Sony cares though with how they are doing.

That said, if it was Xbox you seed higher completion rates of games... but the only games you'd see completed would be: Halo, Gears, Halo,  Gears, Madden lol.

Your not wrong about that...

torok said:
Looking at most of the trophies for finishing the games on my game list shows that a lot of people don't do it. But even more terrifying is that, looking at trophies like "started the game", "killed the first enemy" or "beat level 1", there are a handful of guys that don't even play the game they bought at all.

Guilty of that. I buy a lot of games. I have a bad backlog. But what I usually do, when I get the game. Install it for patches etc. And do the first start up. But than those games are stuck in limbo for months. The trophie list is just gonna see I haven't played the game at all.

torok said:
Looking at most of the trophies for finishing the games on my game list shows that a lot of people don't do it. But even more terrifying is that, looking at trophies like "started the game", "killed the first enemy" or "beat level 1", there are a handful of guys that don't even play the game they bought at all.

This is what stunned me as well.  Some of these trophies happen within an hour of starting so you'd think they'd be at 90%+, and yet I've seen multiple ones across titles at 50-60%.  Who gets bored with a game within an hour and never touches it again?  Only thing I can think of is rentals or borrowing a game, but still even if a game is poor I give it an hour or two before giving up on it.

If you don't go online your stats aren't recorded. I haven't uploaded any trophies for weeks. An its not uncommon for the casual user to never go online at all.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
I never understood stats like these. How can people not complete games???? Apart from Evil Within and Dragon Age Inquisition I can think of a single game in the last 2 years which I did not complete or get at least 80% through before adding it on my backlog.

Shadowfall, Knack and ACU stats dont suprise me at all. Rubbish games. Last of Us must definitely have a much higher completion rate on the PS3 version.

There are too many games to waste time on ones I don't enjoy. Just in the past 6 months I've given up on so many of them, and it took me 18 months and two generations toget through TLOU.

I will gladly spend 30-50 hours on completing Dying Light, Borderlands or Far Cry, but Shadow of Mordor got yanked after 5-6 hours, and Dragon Age and RE HD after 30 minutes each. 

a 40% completion rate is quite high really.

You get some weird results when looking at trophy rarity. For example:

The rarity for the first trophy in Dragon Age Inquisition (Finish the prologue) is 90.3%. That means that almost 10% of the people who have played the game haven't made it past the prologue.

The first trophy in Rocksmith is Complete the Soundcheck. It's literally the first thing you do when you start the game and it makes all of 2 minutes. But the rarity is 93%, meaning 7% of people who have started up the game haven't made it past the soundcheck.

Haha It's funny to see people try and jump up and down on the PS4 over this, especially since 40% is actually a pretty decent completion rate.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Augen said:
torok said:

This is what stunned me as well.  Some of these trophies happen within an hour of starting so you'd think they'd be at 90%+, and yet I've seen multiple ones across titles at 50-60%.  Who gets bored with a game within an hour and never touches it again?  Only thing I can think of is rentals or borrowing a game, but still even if a game is poor I give it an hour or two before giving up on it.

Ask some people here about their backlogs. Hardcore gamers suffer from incontinence.