By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Only 4 out of 10 Players Completed The Order 1886

Yeah. This is actually common. I've looked at the trophies too. And noticed. A lot of people don't finish the game. Or when they do. They set it to easy, to finish it faster. Yes, people that complain on forums want longer games. But a ton of more people rather just beat the game fast as possible. Or quit at some point, cause of some reason. Are more people buying games because of the hype. Than actually wanting it, for their tastes?

Around the Network
Colocho said:
sales2099 said:

Some of those games and stats you listed........tsk tsk PS4 userbase

Killzone especially.......damn. Not that Sony cares though with how they are doing.

sales2099, Interesting signature, but ur missing 2015 and we're nearly half way through it... ??

Could have been better as a PM. But its literally just bloodborne for PS4 so far. Not really worth the post yet.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Some of those games and stats you listed........tsk tsk PS4 userbase

Killzone especially.......damn. Not that Sony cares though with how they are doing.

Alot of people buy the game - turn it on and then get distracted by another game. This is especially common and happens to me if i buy multiple games at a time. For example, I bought Infamous Second Son, Shadows of Mordor and Dragon Age 3 all around the same time.  I've started the first two briefly, but haven't finished them as i focused primarily on DA3. 

However, I've recently decided to go through and up my trophy completion rate on my games library :D. 

That said, if it was Xbox you seed higher completion rates of games... but the only games you'd see completed would be: Halo, Gears, Halo,  Gears, Madden lol.

Too bad but their loss, i thought the story was pretty solid.

Hopefully R@D learns from this, it's pretty telling that people didn't want to finish a 6 hour game.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think this speaks more to the industry than it does to The Order.

According to this article, it's rare for video game players to finish any game. Only 10% of players finished Red Dead Redemption, for example.

Most people don't buy games like RDR or GTA to finish them. They just mess with npcs, run away from cops, kill random people, etc.

Looking at most of the trophies for finishing the games on my game list shows that a lot of people don't do it. But even more terrifying is that, looking at trophies like "started the game", "killed the first enemy" or "beat level 1", there are a handful of guys that don't even play the game they bought at all.

I never understood stats like these. How can people not complete games???? Apart from Evil Within and Dragon Age Inquisition I can think of a single game in the last 2 years which I did not complete or get at least 80% through before adding it on my backlog.

Shadowfall, Knack and ACU stats dont suprise me at all. Rubbish games. Last of Us must definitely have a much higher completion rate on the PS3 version.

archer9234 said:

Yeah. This is actually common. I've looked at the trophies too. And noticed. A lot of people don't finish the game. Or when they do. They set it to easy, to finish it faster. Yes, people that complain on forums want longer games. But a ton of more people rather just beat the game fast as possible. Or quit at some point, cause of some reason. Are more people buying games because of the hype. Than actually wanting it, for their tastes?

Yep. As someone pointed out only 10% of people finished red dead redemption. Im one of the 90% of people who got caught up in the praise and bought the game only to realise that it wasn't really my thing. It's a worrying sign for me that the industry relies on people buying titles that they don't really want.

So, basically a very high completion rate looking at the rest of the list. I am among that 40%, but it certainly was an ordeal to get through 6 hours of such a bad game. Had I known that the reward for finishing it was such a crappy ending, I would have given up half way as well.