By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Only 4 out of 10 Players Completed The Order 1886

That's so weird, I got the plat in the second day after I bought the game.

Around the Network

I buy and play a lot of games. Like too many actually.
Fairly often I play the start of the game and it does not grab me at all. Then I put it away to maybe try again some other time (probably never)
I would guess its like one game in eight I actually finish nowadays.
For some reason I keep going back to older games, for me I feel like I often have more fun with those older games, even though they dont look as nice as a new game.

walsufnir said:
think-man said:
If you don't go online your stats aren't recorded. I haven't uploaded any trophies for weeks. An its not uncommon for the casual user to never go online at all.

Consoles nowadays rely heavily on internet connection so my guess is that many people will be disappointed by consoles if they never go online.

If they choose to not go online. Than they are fine with it, though. They are choosing to not care about patches or online. And the rest of the features of the sytem don't matter. I only use online to install game patches on my PS4. I don't care about online gaming. I don't have enough free time to justify the PS+ sub. The rest of the services I don't use.

They were bored to death and couldnt finish anymore.

That's pretty good compared to other games, but pretty bad on its own considering the Orders incredibly short length.

Really goes to show how uninspired people found the game play and how little people cared for the bad story.

Around the Network

Surveys show that completion rates on all games are low. As a kid and early teen I hardly beat any game because I lacked the skill to do it.

The completion rate for Advanced Warfare on any mode is 27 % by the way.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think this speaks more to the industry than it does to The Order.

According to this article, it's rare for video game players to finish any game. Only 10% of players finished Red Dead Redemption, for example.

people are just surprised at this because of all the comments about it being a movie and the length.

I am Iron Man

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think this speaks more to the industry than it does to The Order.

According to this article, it's rare for video game players to finish any game. Only 10% of players finished Red Dead Redemption, for example.

Without giving a spoiler. The final trophy is at 17.8 % completion rate. 7 % points lower than the  2nd to last trophy at 24.8%. A lot of people say they did not know about the last trophy as the 2nd to last trophy appears like the ending. It only takes 5- 10  extra minutes of play time to get the final trophy depending on if you choose to ride your horse to the end, or transport there. Just saying.  

Augen said:

This is what stunned me as well.  Some of these trophies happen within an hour of starting so you'd think they'd be at 90%+, and yet I've seen multiple ones across titles at 50-60%.  Who gets bored with a game within an hour and never touches it again?  Only thing I can think of is rentals or borrowing a game, but still even if a game is poor I give it an hour or two before giving up on it.

One thing I can think of is people with multiple accounts who accidentally start a game without switching profile.

Happened to me with a bunch of Xbox 360 games.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Augen said:

This is what stunned me as well.  Some of these trophies happen within an hour of starting so you'd think they'd be at 90%+, and yet I've seen multiple ones across titles at 50-60%.  Who gets bored with a game within an hour and never touches it again?  Only thing I can think of is rentals or borrowing a game, but still even if a game is poor I give it an hour or two before giving up on it.

One thing I can think of is people with multiple accounts who accidentally start a game without switching profile.

Happened to me with a bunch of Xbox 360 games.

Yeah, thinking about it in two player games where you can drop in and out I have friends who likely have the "complete the game" trophy by jumping in, but would never get the "1st level" trophy as never bothered to replay on their own.