By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: Destiny to be at every major Sony press conference until Destiny runs its course

Still havent got around to playing this yet. Hope the onlines not dead by the time I do

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:
Does anyone care about Destiny anymore?

Hummm... seems like 4 million guys in the last three months cared to created a new account in the game.

That is right... 4 million gamers played or tried to play Destiny in the slow period of the year.

And I'm only talking about NEW users... not the community guys that plays since September like me.

It could also mean that a lot of people try to get rid of it and sells it used.

Not much of a prediction. They've said from the first showing at the PS4 reveal onwards that their partnership on this game would be extensive, and have reiterated this both E3s since. It wouldn't exactly stand to reason for this partnership to suddenly go out the window as Destiny gears up for it's largest expansion to date, and during a season in which Sony seems to be lacking first party output.

Also, we've already see how longterm and extensive these Activision partnerships can be with MS and CoD. I'd say Sony has pretty much that arrangement with Destiny.

Puppyroach said:
ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:

Hummm... seems like 4 million guys in the last three months cared to created a new account in the game.

That is right... 4 million gamers played or tried to play Destiny in the slow period of the year.

And I'm only talking about NEW users... not the community guys that plays since September like me.

It could also mean that a lot of people try to get rid of it and sells it used.

And what that changes? It is 4 millions new accounts in 3 months... even it was from used games the guy needs a Plus account and some could be brought the DLC.

No matter how anybody here try to spin... 4 millions new gamers tried to play Destiny... so the interest continue huge.

kowenicki said:
Any time spent on the current Destiny at a major conference is a bit of a joke imo

Not to the people who actually enjoy the game.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
alternine said:

Not to the people who actually enjoy the game.

why?

they already have it.  they dont need to see it again at e3.

if this appears at e3 it is due to a lack of alternative material.

New content?

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Well yeah its going to be sonys cod

kowenicki said:
alternine said:
kowenicki said:

why?

they already have it.  they dont need to see it again at e3.

if this appears at e3 it is due to a lack of alternative material.

New content?

E3 presentation for dlc for a 9 month old game... yeah, that would be due to a lack of other options.  Unless its by Activision of course, they can do what they like, its their game.

Im not saying its gonna be at he conference for sure. Im just saying players of the game would like to see new content  there.

- Max Payne 3

You need to show new content at E3...

But it is not just that... Comet changes the game adding what they call of release of Destiny 2 retail.

ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:

i created an account last month... but that was for the demo

i'm not really sure if i'm going to get the full game because while it looks interesting their plans for the game seem pretty unappealing

especially since they seem to be considering stopping all support next year to release a new game altogether

with all the money being charged for dlc i would expect greater longevity from a game

but anyway my point is that a lot of those accounts may be from people who are just trying the demo