By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All 3D Mario Sales Comparison: SM3DW 4.3mil / SM3DL 10.1mil

HyrulianScrolls said:

SM3DW's sales are fantastic, the attach rate is like 45%. Could definitely beat Sunshine. Meanwhile, SM3DL will probably become the best selling 3D Mario in a couple years. SMG deserves it though.

3D Land has been hovering around that 10 million mark for quite some time.  Don't think it as another 2 million left in it.  Not impossible, but I see SMG holding on.

Around the Network

It's nice to see 3D World doing pretty well considering the system user base it's on, hoping that it passes the 5 million mark.

I'm good with the numbers of 3D World, I also hope it would be atleast on par with Sunshine.

tbone51 said:

12.50mil: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

11.mil: Super Mario 64 (N64)

11.05mil: Super Mario 64 DS (DS)

10.10mil: Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

7mil-8mil: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

6.31mil: Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)

4.30mil: Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)

Are those numbers shipments confirmed?

Can i see the source?

Skullwaker said:
As long as 3D World surpasses Sunshine, I'll be happy. It's way too good of a game to be the worst selling 3D Mario.

No worries, 3d world will be confortably above 5 million by the end of 2015. It will pass sunshine sometime in 2016.

Around the Network

Poor SM3dW... It's not even 5M

We reap what we sow

I really hope 3D world ends up passing super mario sunshine, but at this point I'm doubting it. It's a shame, because imo, 3D world is so much better.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Imagine a mario galaxy fan, in 2010, if they announced a game like this:

imagine a new 3D mario game, where now you do not have to save the princess.
in this mario, you can play with mario, luigi, toad, peach and rosalina, and each characters has their unique abilities!
Imagine a 3D mario with 4 player multiplayer!
amazing new power-ups, mechanics, amazing visuals and sounds, lots of secrets!

3d mario fans that loved galaxy, sunshine, 64 would be amazed about this description, and could think this would be the best 3d mario ever. but is only 3d world.

160rmf said:
Poor SM3dW... It's not even 5M

On instal base of 10m!?

4.3m on 10m user base is a great sale.

Platina said:
SMG is well deserved to sell the most copies of 3D Mario.. a great game!

As for 3D World, sales are disappointing, but it's to be expected with Wii U hardware sales

How exactly 4.3m on 10m user base is  disappointment!?