By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How should I help my friend who is getting bullied.

Well. Sadly, the only way to deal with bullies in highschool is beating them up to show who's boss. But unfortunately, you can't do that anymore. So I would suggest him just talking about it to his parents, and ignoring the bullies. Let your friend know that it does get better after highschool.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
KdxlavkdX said:

Tell you're friend to ignore everything they're saying to him. Like BraLoD said, he can tell the principal but that's not always the right decision. He should definitely tell his parents though. Hope everything works out for your friend!

I think he did

he told me he told the principle but he didn't do anything to make it better.

That's not surprising. You're friend is lucky to have a friend like you, you seem to care.

At least he's not getting beat up.

All I can say is let your friend know that you're on his side, and you'll there to back him up in a crappy situation like this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Handegg -_-

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
KdxlavkdX said:
Is he getting bullied mentally or physically? Or both?

Mentally in case anyone is wandering.

He gotta relaize that the bully has some sort of issue if he has to resort to mentally degrading someone else. High school is a dick measuring contest man. Would be best to be the bigger person and just walk away; not let it bother him. High school is such a blip on the radar man. Peaking in high school, like these handegg players are probably doing, is worse than being bullied.

I know this because I've done both. Used to be bullied by a kid with ADHD and problems at home. Told him to fuck off in the rudest way possible and watched him wither. He had no response; I was his only friend although he had a fucked up way of being a friend. I wanted him to die, but I realized that he hurt more than I did. He moved away and since then I have been on a talking basis with him. I grew way up and he still struggles with home issues and school still. Now I just feel sorry for him.

Struggled with mental problems in high school, even though I was well-liked and a handegg player etc, so I took it out on weaker people. Then I realized that I was getting nowhere; I think it was the day I snapped a scrawny kids collarbone for some stupid nonsensical reason. All my "followers" laughed while that kid just cried and cried. It was fucked up and I realized I didn't want to live like that anymore. Confronted my issues, befriended the weaker guys, and became even more well-liked. It took becoming more comfortable in my own skin to be comfortable around others.

Anyway just wanted to share my own story with y'all. Best advice would be to be the bigger man, even though it is hard, and walking away. Like I said high school is a blip on the radar man once you get outta there you realize that it wasn't even a problem at all

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
KdxlavkdX said:
Is he getting bullied mentally or physically? Or both?

Mentally in case anyone is wandering.

Remember strenght in numbers, High School is a pain and some school has it worst then others. Tell your friend that life really does get much better after high school and education is key. By the time you reach college and University most of the bullies are gone, stuck in deadend jobs back in your home town. 

At the same time it's also important to step up for yourself, make sure that voice your concern and let them know that you don't appreciate what they are doing. You never know what unexpected allies you actually have in high school. 

I remember a case of bullying in my high school, that we handle with a kind of unorthodox method. Couple of students got together and we wrote a letter to bully's parent using the school letterhead and made it look like it came from the school. There was no signature or anything but it made the parents aware and seem to have work.  

I would just be an ass to them and troll so hard. "piss off", "do you and your butt buddies share jock straps?" "why do you play football? you're a terrible athlete", I'd also find out personal insults to use. No way people like that would throw the first punch.
But if your friend is the nice innocent type, I would just do it for him.

Or you can just treat them as a troll. If they say anything to you just reply with something like "cool man", "thats really cool", "awesome", "thats dope", "i never knew that", "have a good day!"

Ignoring is pointless if it continues to happen.

Thanks for all the suggestion
hope they work

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Try to avoid them. It's the right thing to report these assholes, but half of the time nobody does shit. I've been a victim of bullying where I was choked once, people threw my food down, hit me in the back of my head you name it, and teachers would have no guts to intervene. Parent arguments can get nasty as they usually won't amount to anything good.
In the long run encourage him emotionally and to get good grades in school and he'll do well and leave them to bite the dust. The majority of these cowardly bully assholes will just end up with shitty jobs and lives as it should be, at least I hope so.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
Try to avoid them. It's the right thing to report these assholes, but half of the time nobody does shit. I've been a victim of bullying where I was choked once, people threw my food down, hit me in the back of my head you name it, and teachers would have no guts to intervene. Parent arguments can get nasty as they usually won't amount to anything good.
In the long run encourage him emotionally and to get good grades in school and he'll do well and leave them to bite the dust. The majority of these cowardly bully assholes will just end up with shitty jobs and lives as it should be, at least I hope so.

I like this suggestion the most.

Ill try it tomorrow.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3