By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita is outselling Wii U - though Wii U is getting more love from it's developer

Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

Wii U gets far more pub than Vita.

Swap this scenario with a comment about Mario or Nintendo games, you'd be banned.

Maybe is because saying something like "wiiu gets a lot of mediocre mario games" is a lie with flaming intentions. I´m saying something that is almost a consensus in this forum.

I must have missed that consensus. Especially on a forum that hypes up "anime games" for other platforms. >_>

Samus, the Vita has very few licensed anime games, but the only ones that were localized got good reception...

Edit: To make sure this doesn't get lost, I don't think either are mediorce and that the generalization was untrue.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Nintendo wishes that WiiU was dead and Sony is happy with Vita. That´s why Nintendo is doing a lot of great games on WiiU and Sony is doing nothing with the Vita. The one trying to kill their console here is Nintendo, riiight.

Did I say happy?  I did not.  Don't do that, it's rude.

It's pretty simple, isn't it?  Sony probably won't launch a successor for the Vita anytime soon, if ever.  Nintendo, on the other hand, wants to get past the Wii U as soon as possible without making the fans angry.  I'd bet that projects that were green-lit but not yet under heavy development for the Wii U were instead moved to the next platform.  It's an anchor and they'd love to move on already.  In contrast, Sony is spending very little money on the Vita and yet it's getting more content than the Wii U in Japan.  I can't see where they'd have any real reason to disrupt that.

You forguet about one thing. Nintendo is actually doing money from WiiU games, they sell actually good for a low seller console, almost 5 milions of Mario Kart 8 in a year or 3.5m of smash in 6 months is no joke, at all. There´s 10 Nintendo milion sellers on WiiU. And they are making tons of money from amiibo too, and thanks to it´s quality games people that doesn´t have interest on wiiu it´s already thinking on buying the next Nintendo console. No one would buy the next ps handheld knowing sony, that´s why they are not doing anymore, that´s why they have to kill a potential market, because there´s no way to recover it. And I doubt that they are making any money from PSVita. 

Zackasaurus-rex said:

I literally have over 10x the games to play on my Vita as compared to my super thirsty Wii U. :/

Vita games evidently reach broader niches.

Yeah I'm wondering now if the myth that the Vita doesn't have games will outlive the "ps3 haz no gaems" era, I guess the logic comes from people wandering into their gamestops and seeing very little shelf space being devoted to the Vita library and what is normally there in my local shop is still left at launch day prices for some stuff. Fast jump onto psn store and you're greeted with things like Minecraft:Vita edition, Persona 4 (or 2/3 from the psp) every disgaea game  including the prinny spin off series... I mean you could get lost forever in the library that exists for the Vita right now and it gets more titles on a weekly basis.... just on psn and not in gamestop!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Wait for Q3 and Q4 2015.

Vita is only big in Japan. And it had a lot of game releases over there this spring, like last year.

Even without a Mario Kart 8 Wii U will have enough games for okayish sales, though it will fall behind last years sales.

Hardware sales numbers don't matter, profit does. And I'm guessing the WIi U is profitable for Nintendo when you have games like Smash and Mario Kart selling like they are, plus a few other million sellers. And I don't know about Vita games but Wii U has outstanding games so I doubt NIntendo would lose in quality there. Also what's with constantly comparing Wii U and Vita, compare handhelds to handhelds at least. 

Edit: didn't mean to quote, just reply

Around the Network

This weeks chart includes China.
Also vita gets a fair amount of love in japan.
Wii U gets better western love.

Dr.Vita said:
sales2099 said:
Japan's the only thing keeping Vita alive. But I do agree, WiiU deserves more then what it has.

When did I say that Wii U deserve better sales? 
I said it is getting (currently !!!) a better support, but this is it. 

It certainly does deserve better though.

Dr.Vita said:
Clyde32 said:
This same thread could have been made last year at this time, but look how that turned out.

Last year there were Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. These are big system sellers.
This year there is no big system seller. 

I think u are overestimating what Mario Kart & Smash Bros did for Wii U last year.

2013-3.1 million

2014-3.6 million

It went up a whopping 500,000 with those big system sellers. Basically Wii U is just gonna keep trucking along this year and sell 3.5 million give or take a few 100k. It's currently up YoY and while games like Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Star Fox individually aren't likely to be big system sellers, they can each cause a slight bump upon release. One other thing that can potentially help Wii U out this year is a price cut which it's long overdue for. Overall Wii U is likely to sell similar numbers to 2013/2014 sales.

Vita on the other hand, is already declining

2013-3.2 million

2014-2.4 million

2015 is currently down YOY and that's not likely to change in the coming months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Any day I would choose my Vita 3DS combo over a WiiU 3DS combo OP is extremely subjective, especially when not taking into consideration the massive Vita support from Japan.

Failed thread is failed

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Cherry picking,you are acting like this hasn't happened before....When psvita is getting big games in Japan it(months of draught)usually outsells wii u globally in Japan(New term)so don't tell that it currently but temporarily outselling it without support because in Japan it's having big support.every week a game releases and some big since late january till the end of March while wii u had almost no releases. Also don't use the handheld are dead in the west,firstly 3DS isn't and secondly the same could be said for home consoles in Japan,wait for the weeks of april that ps vita fell to the range of 14k with big wyoy down but wii u was pretty stable at 6-7k,wyoy up in Japan and we wait to see the xenoblade effect in the last week of april,you will see which outsells which...
Vita was even outselling wii u for several weeks in 2014(in the first half) but in total ps vita got slaughtered...
Vita was even outsold by wii u in Japan on holidays....
Wait for autumn/holidays...For instance wii u in black friday week.it sells just in the USA what ps vita sells globally x3!

I can't really understand why you made that thread when the odds are against you...

I would say more but I don't want to lose my temper...