By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita is outselling Wii U - though Wii U is getting more love from it's developer

I think you're giving too much credit to Ninten while giving too little to the Vita, which I find strange. I do agree that Ninten gives the Wii U a lot of love, but the thing is, they are the only ones give attention to it, while Sony doesn't give the Vita so much, but 3rd parties give more attention to it, at least on the Japanese side.

Sure, sometimes quality > quantity, but having more is usually better, which is what it is with the Vita over Ninten. I'd say it's impressive how the Wii U is doing vs the Vita, considering how little software it gets, along with downloadable titles. I think the idea behind this thread is a little backwards.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
The Vita is probably the one console that I feel truly deserved better. The Dreamcast is a close second but man... The prowress of the Vita hardware and its physical construction(OLED screen, two REAL analog sticks, not nubs like the N3DS). I keep hoping for a comeback but it's not going to happen...

Yep vita / ps tv, should be getting more sales than it currently does. 

All the PSP + PS VITA rpgs add up to there being quite a few of them.

"I'd say it's impressive how the Wii U is doing vs the Vita, considering how little software it gets, along with downloadable titles."

^ this.

Remember all those PS4 has no games comments?

There are people that buy Wii Us and they just sit around collecting dust, because they lack  games.

(the one we have does)

Pretty much that Vita is successful in Japan due to support, Japan have a lot of RPG games & anime based games on Vita.

sales2099 said:
Dr.Vita said:
sales2099 said:
Japan's the only thing keeping Vita alive. But I do agree, WiiU deserves more then what it has.

When did I say that Wii U deserve better sales? 
I said it is getting (currently !!!) a better support, but this is it. 

Figured it was implied because Nintendo actually puts effort into it compared to Sony with the Vita.

Nah, hes trying to say that if sony cared about the vita it would be doing soooo amazingly because its doing better than Wii u eith only japanese support.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

This same thread could have been made last year at this time, but look how that turned out.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Guitarguy said:
The Vita is probably the one console that I feel truly deserved better. The Dreamcast is a close second but man... The prowress of the Vita hardware and its physical construction(OLED screen, two REAL analog sticks, not nubs like the N3DS). I keep hoping for a comeback but it's not going to happen...

Yep vita / ps tv, should be getting more sales than it currently does. 

All the PSP + PS VITA rpgs add up to there being quite a few of them.

"I'd say it's impressive how the Wii U is doing vs the Vita, considering how little software it gets, along with downloadable titles."

^ this.

Remember all those PS4 has no games comments?

There are people that buy Wii Us and they just sit around collecting dust, because they lack  games.

I live in Australia and a friend of mine bought a Wii U on launch when it came out here(I did not even know about it until mid 2013) and he said the first year or so was completely barren in terms of software. Most console's first year sucks in terms of software.

Wii U has 1st party, Vita has 3 rd party (in Japan at least)
Both have no marketing
Both are selling poorly

I do think Wii U will sell more this year though, it does a lot better than Vita during the holidays.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

I really love my Vita over my Wii U. Maybe it's just my gaming preferences but the Vita gets more exclusives and ports that interest me over the Wii U. I own SSB, MK8, and SM3DW and will probably get WWHD eventually, in the meantime I'm waiting for Mario Maker (delayed), XCX (delayed), Zelda U (yet ANOTHER delayed game...), and SMT x FE (not delayed but who the hell knows when thats ever coming here?) so my Wii U collects dust while I wait for the few good games to release. On the other hand I see a ton of games I want on the Vita.

In the end though, my personal taste doesn't matter, it's just the battle of the losers. While many here claim the Vita will not be remembered fondly, I very much disagree. I think both will be remembered as great systems that didn't get to live to their full potential.

Clyde32 said:
This same thread could have been made last year at this time, but look how that turned out.

Last year there were Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. These are big system sellers.
This year there is no big system seller. 

2014 2015
Wii U 431,576 457,519
Vita 537,963 476,437

Same periods covered.