By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Prefer Top-Down Zelda or 3D Zelda?

Top-down or 3D Zelda?

Top-down ALL THE WAY! 58 28.02%

3D all day, everyday 129 62.32%

...Zelda II: Adventures of Link... 10 4.83%

CD-i Masterrace 10 4.83%

Total:207

I'm sure this thread has been made before, this debate has existed since OoT debuted in 1998. People often bring it up in conversations about Zelda, etc.

Anyway, which do you prefer? Top-down or 3D? What's you're favorite from each?

Personally I've always liked top-down more. Games like Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, and even Spirit Tracks (I know I'm in the minority of people who like that game ) Something about top-down just works better to me than 3D. Possibly because I was introduced to top-down first, but who knows really? I just hope they continue making top-down Zelda games like the recently released Link Between Worlds for the more old school players. My girlfriend can't stand top-down but loves 3D Zelda... our future children will have to pick a side v.v XD

For top-down my fave is a tie between Link's Awakening and Link to the Past

For 3D: Probably Twilight Princess

Around the Network

Definitely 3D. Just gives me a better sense of exploration and adventure, and Wind Waker is the perfect game for that imo. Maybe it's just because I grew up with 3D gaming though.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

3d Zelda, by miles

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

3D, though both are excellent.

3D for me. I got into the series at OOT, but can appreciate both.

Around the Network

I find that 2Ds have better overworlds and exploration, 3Ds have better puzzles. Hopefully, some day, not too far away, they'll figure out how to combine them.

love both the same.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
love both the same.

Damn I should have added that option to the poll!

3D for me, but top down is still very nice.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

3D for me, I enjoy combat heavily in Zelda and top down limits it. In fact combat is the main reaosn my fvaourite zelda game is twlight princess. I do like ALBW as well.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD