By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Uplay/Origin requirement ever stopped you from buying a game?

It was actually a problem on PS4

I had to sign in with my origin account to play BF4 online but no matter what I did my password wouldn't work, password reset emails werent coming, and EA customer service couldnt help me. Ended up making a new account just so I could get BF4 working

I'm a little nervous about Battlefield because of this

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

No, not really. I don't know why everyone hates Origin though, sure it's controlled by EA but thanks to them I got the Original Dead Space and Battlefield 3 on the house. I never really used U Play before.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

No. I have Steam, Battlenet, Origin and UPlay on my box and I've never understood the outrage. Origin is actually cool because my speedlist and friends from Most Wanted on Wii U transferred to Rivals on my PC. I also get the best download speeds on Origin.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I can tolerate Origin, because at least it works.

Uplay on the other hand, does not.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

I've never passed on a Steam game that required Uplay or whatever, but I've passed on a couple bundles because of some of the games only being redeemable on Origin.

Around the Network

i wanted to try out the Hardline MP beta from EA but it required an Origins account on the PS4, just deleted it straight. I dont understand how can sony allow this?

SubiyaCryolite said:
No. I have Steam, Battlenet, Origin and UPlay on my box and I've never understood the outrage. Origin is actually cool because my speedlist and friends from Most Wanted on Wii U transferred to Rivals on my PC. I also get the best download speeds on Origin.

Interesting.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

vkaraujo said:

I know this is a PC problem, but i suspect everyone games on PC now and then.

So, I was talking to a friend some days ago, when Valiant Hearts was on Sale on Steam. He told me he didn't bought it because he didn't wanted to use Uplay in his PC (even buying it on Steam, you need Uplay to play it). I've actually took a similar decision last year, when i didn't got DA:I on PC because of Origin.

Was wondering if this was common. So did you ever got a game on a different system , or just outright avoided it because of Origin/Uplay, etc?

It's not just a PC issue in the slightest, loads of EA games for the Xbox and PS3 require you to create an origin account just to access their multiplayer elements, completely put me off a few games, BF3 on the Ps3 was pretty tied up with origin junk that was completely unneeded just seemed to be trying to bloat their numbers at the time to compare to steams users.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I've never bought a game from Origin, but I don't think Origin is that bad, so I don't think that would stop me.

As for UPlay, I bought Far Cry 3 on Steam about a year ago, and I must say, UPlay is probably the worst DRM I've ever dealt with.

I'm probably never buying another game that requires UPlay.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

There is literally nothing wrong with Uplay or Origin(as in comparison to Steam) and most people that say there are issues are people that haven't used them.

People just love Steam so hate on everything else. Steam = DRM too