By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Uplay/Origin requirement ever stopped you from buying a game?

Depends. I don't see anything wrong with the way that EA Origin functions, so I don't see a need to avoid getting a game from there if that's my only option on PC. The only time I'd ever avoid getting a game from a specific service is if it was so cumbersome that using the service got in the way of playing the game. That's really all that matters to me.

Around the Network
naruball said:
FragilE^ said:
It has never stopped me from buying a game, but it has certainly stopped me from PLAYING a game. Heroes 6 could be a nightmare, Uplay-servers were often unstable and if they lost connection (and it was only Uplay, no other game or service had problems) then the game would instantly quit to the main menu. There is an autosave every new day in heroes, but late game, doing 2-3 MAJOR battles that might take half an hour or more each, and then losing everything because their fucking servers are shit? That is disgusting...

Had the same problem with the same game, but wasn't there an option for offline mode? I think the only problem was that you couldn't use dynasty weapons, but other than that it worked, right?

There was, but it took away so much. The entire progression system with xp, achievements, unlockables and dynasty weapons. I'm a total sucker for all of those things :) Not having them from the start would be one thing, but I was introduced to them, tested them and enjoyed them. And then the problems got worse and worse.

For sure, the main parts of the game still worked fine. But I don't want to play half a game, if that makes sense.

Yes

see discounted game on steam 15 bucks or so.
know that it also needs Uplay in addition to steam
think "thats not worth it will be cheaper and when its 5 bucks I'll bite"