By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox founder: PS4 wins the console war 'by a nose'

Tagged games:

If the human body was composed of only two noses and nothing else, he would be right.

Around the Network

Uh, I think the PS4 won by more than a nose there Fries... ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

LurkerJ said:

If the human body was composed of only two noses and nothing else, he would be right.

Thanks for that scarry mental image. >_<

The numbers most definitely don't agree that Xbox One is gaining traction, in fact they state the opposite:

Looking at the latest VG Chartz numbers right now PS4's at 21,442,303 Xbox One's at 12,120,081.

Since the 3rd of Jan 2015 PS4's sold 2,717,503, XBox One's sold 1,139,040, so far this year PS4 has sold 2.38X the number of Xbox One's and with it having a lot more exclusives coming than XBox One, far greater sales on 3rd party, tonnes more interesting indies and way more games that you can't get on XB1 there's very little that's going to help XB1 gain back the huge 9,322,222 lead PS4's already got, the lead will only grow in PS4's favor over the rest of the generation.

No traction has been gained, XBox One is selling better than last year, but so is PS4.
PS4 still hasn't had it's biggest exclusives released yet, still hasn't had it's 1st price cut yet, not forgetting new 3rd party games which will all sell better and move more PS4's compared to XB1.

"Companies like Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony and Sega spend gobs of money on developing the greatest technology, marketing, securing exclusive content agreements with game developers."

Sega is back in the console race, confirmed.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, "by a nose" roughly translates to "about twice as much".

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Sentient_Nebula said:
Since when was a nearly 2:1 lead considered "by a nose"?

He probably talking about US only...

He's obviously only talking about Globally in the US.

Thanks jlmurph!

I think he's reading The Drill playbook. He doesn't mean globally, he means globally in the USA.

What a laugh. He's expecting a huge comeback from Xb one when Xb one is currently at a price advantage in most markets but still selling no where near as close to PS4. As time goes on and as revenue and profits from Xb one diminish the senior execs in MS who are anti Xbox will start to become more vocal and it will be harder for team Xbox to secure more funding to do the things that need to be done to improve market position.

Xbox simply lack consumer appeal outside of a handful of markets and there is nothing MS can do about that. The USA and the UK will allow Xb one to stay in the game but that isn't going to be nearly enough to make it appear globally relevant or competetive.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

An elephant nose.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.