By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: One Month of PS4 sales in China beats 8 months of Xbox One sales

DialgaMarine said:
ZhugeEX said:

People were importing PS4's into China before the official release anyway. 

Especially as Asia release was December 2013. 

True, but I doubt those were added to this figure. People around the globe just prefer PS4.

Correct. The figures posted in the OP only cover official Chinese PS4 sales from March 20th through the end of April.

Around the Network

Haha yeah remember when some people said "China alone could win it for the X1!" ?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
Haha yeah remember when some people said "China alone could win it for the X1!" ?

Because so many thought that China, becing this huge untapped market, would lead to 10's of millions of additional sales. Even MS thought like that. Just not a big console gaming market there, thanks to their government being so damn strict. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Because so many thought that China, becing this huge untapped market, would lead to 10's of millions of additional sales. Even MS thought like that. Just not a big console gaming market there, thanks to their government being so damn strict. 

Exactly.  That market will continue to grow and we will reach a tipping point eventually that sees that market explode - but we just aren't there yet.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I want monthly numbers for PS4 and Xbone.

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
Hiku said:

Do you happen to know which 10 those are?
If Dynasty Warriors is allowed it made me wonder what games were banned.

Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends

King of Wushu

Mr Pumpkins adventure

Rayman Legends

Trials: Fusion

Knack

DriveClub

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Planet 3

Warframe (dowload only).
There are plans for more than 36 titles to launch before the end of the year including Final Fantasy X/X-2, Trine 2, Toukiden and others. Local Chinese developed titles such as Paladin 6 will also be launching on the system to sit alongside King of Wushu and Mr Pumpkins adventure as an example of domestic talent. 
It's also key to remember that the PS4 can play any game disc, so a lot of people import games like Grand Theft Auto and other titles that are not sold in China officially. I know some people who just import all their games. 

you live in china, yes ?

thanks for the infos. very interesting. what do you think - "yakuza zero" or "persona 5" release in china ? i hope it. this great games needs more and good sales gures : ) I'm very exciting, what do you think about that..

I wish you a nice/great day : )

The numbers are low, but it's to be expected. How many chinese can afford a PS4 ?

KazumaKiryu said:
ZhugeEX said:
Hiku said:

Do you happen to know which 10 those are?
If Dynasty Warriors is allowed it made me wonder what games were banned.

Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends

King of Wushu

Mr Pumpkins adventure

Rayman Legends

Trials: Fusion

Knack

DriveClub

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Planet 3

Warframe (dowload only).
There are plans for more than 36 titles to launch before the end of the year including Final Fantasy X/X-2, Trine 2, Toukiden and others. Local Chinese developed titles such as Paladin 6 will also be launching on the system to sit alongside King of Wushu and Mr Pumpkins adventure as an example of domestic talent. 
It's also key to remember that the PS4 can play any game disc, so a lot of people import games like Grand Theft Auto and other titles that are not sold in China officially. I know some people who just import all their games. 

you live in china, yes ?

thanks for the infos. very interesting. what do you think - "yakuza zero" or "persona 5" release in china ? i hope it. this great games needs more and good sales gures : ) I'm very exciting, what do you think about that..

I wish you a nice/great day : )

I actually live in the UK haha. But I know many people in China and also follow the market there.

Yakuza Zero is already being localised for HK/TW I think. Good thing is people can just import. 

Paatar said:
Protendo said:
I thought the Xbox One would do better considering it had the huge advantage of being the first....

Wii U had that advantage.

To be fair a Nintendo head start is nothing like when MS gets a head start.

That said, China isn't the best market to judge what works in NA/Europe.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.