By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: One Month of PS4 sales in China beats 8 months of Xbox One sales

PS4 has sold more everywhere else, so why would China be any different?

Around the Network

Meh, it's a start, which is all you can really ask for at this point.

Just goes to show how ridiculously overblown all the hype about what a difference the Chinese market will make was.

Aura7541 said:
Yep, I had a feeling that sales wouldn't go north of 100K, though nice job at exceeding XBO sales in a significantly smaller timeframe.

Like many said it. China doesn't care about consoles... now it's official.

Hiku said:
ZhugeEX said:

It's over 10 now. 

Do you happen to know which 10 those are?
If Dynasty Warriors is allowed it made me wonder what games were banned.

Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends

King of Wushu

Mr Pumpkins adventure

Rayman Legends

Trials: Fusion

Knack

DriveClub

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Planet 3

Warframe (dowload only).
There are plans for more than 36 titles to launch before the end of the year including Final Fantasy X/X-2, Trine 2, Toukiden and others. Local Chinese developed titles such as Paladin 6 will also be launching on the system to sit alongside King of Wushu and Mr Pumpkins adventure as an example of domestic talent. 
It's also key to remember that the PS4 can play any game disc, so a lot of people import games like Grand Theft Auto and other titles that are not sold in China officially. I know some people who just import all their games. 

Vita should have same numbers as PS4!

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:
It's also key to remember that the PS4 can play any game disc, so a lot of people import games like Grand Theft Auto and other titles that are not sold in China officially. I know some people who just import all their games. 

Do China have PS Plus? Do they get 'free' games and have to pay to get online?

hoggin' all the action, I see...

Wiggy said:
ZhugeEX said:

Do China have PS Plus? Do they get 'free' games and have to pay to get online?

Yes they do. 

However there isn't much additional content or free stuff at the moment. I know Dynasty Warriors was a free download for a bit but that's about it. Online is part of PS Plus. 

Cost is 30 US dollars per year. 

Hiku said:
ZhugeEX said:
Hiku said:

Do you happen to know which 10 those are?
If Dynasty Warriors is allowed it made me wonder what games were banned.

Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends

King of Wushu

Mr Pumpkins adventure

Rayman Legends

Trials: Fusion

Knack

DriveClub

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Planet 3

Warframe (dowload only).
There are plans for more than 36 titles to launch before the end of the year including Final Fantasy X/X-2, Trine 2, Toukiden and others. Local Chinese developed titles such as Paladin 6 will also be launching on the system to sit alongside King of Wushu and Mr Pumpkins adventure as an example of domestic talent. 

Thanks.
Yeah, the ability to import is important. Though they mentioned they'll confiscate the games and the system if someone gets caught doing that. Though I'm not sure how much they try to enforce that. Also, being unable to play blacklisted games online probably makes some games less appealing to import, unfortunitely.

They won't confiscate anything haha. 

Government don't care enough.

Someone posted a thread on here about this which I think is the one you're referring to. Something about PS4 restrictions. Most of that article is wrong so don't believe it. 

So PS4 winning in every region, now. Interesting results, considering we a had a few on here hoping that China would help the XBO compete globally against the PS4.

Well, so this proves that X1 had no chance to close the gap when releasing on China... so much for some people that were hoping on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."