By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: One Month of PS4 sales in China beats 8 months of Xbox One sales

So, Xbox One losing in every region of the world confirmed?

Around the Network

Not surprise. Brand Loyalty of PS fans in China + good track record for translations that release in HK/TW + not region lock = success of some sort

Ryng_Tolu said:
LordLichtenstein said:
WHAT THIS PROVES!

Had PS4 launched January 11th, as it originally should, I would have won my bet, of PS4 never going down below 180k a week in 2015... Goddamn you chinese goverment.

You still lose the bet, because PS4 will dropped at 120,000 / 150,000 in April / May ...

That remains to be seen.

Like I told you guys no evidence of Xbone selling the first shipment in China... 100k.

Terrible performance... Japan like or even worst.

ethomaz said:
Like I told you guys no evidence of Xbone selling the first shipment in China... 100k.

It's strange that vg chartz considererd it as sold... While they didnt really consider it for PS4 in China

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

PlayStation domination!

SpokenTruth said:
Aerys said:
ethomaz said:

It's strange that vg chartz considererd it as sold... While they didnt really consider it for PS4 in China

VGC doesn't track China so it never labedl them as sold or shipped.

What they did do was report figures from China who made the distinction between shipped or sold.

Even if they dont they did "track "China since they added around 80k during the China launch for xbox one while there was no official word about shipped or sold, just rumor

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ZhugeEX said:
BraLoD said:
And the PS4 has only like 6 games there, right?
If they could release at least Bloodborne there.

It's over 10 now. 

Besides PS4 is region free there for game disc so they can import games.

Also everyone should be aware that this excludes grey market consoles/games bought before release date and even now. Only official console sales are counted. 

It is no where near that simple (region free)

From what I hear only "approved" games will work online

Aerys said:

Even if they dont they did "track "China since they added around 80k during the China launch for xbox one while there was no official word about shipped or sold, just rumor

Just to be more accurate.

100k first shipment was real and not a rumor... MS said themselves and BesTV too... after that BesTV repeated the same number in Q4 (CY) and now in Q1 BesTV didn't even bother to say anything about Xbone sales in China... some guys here in VGC tried to make it like it was sold thought number but it was cleary shipped.

100k is the numbers we have for the first shipment and it is reasonable to guess it is not sold yet... even after half year.

And I agree the VGC numbers for China launch are cleary wrong but not just that EU and RotW sales for Xbone are overtracked for sure... no way that console is selling that "good" outside US and UK.

ethomaz said:

Aerys said:

Just to be more accurate.

100k first shipment was real and not a rumor... MS said themselves and BesTV too... after that BesTV repeated the same number in Q4 (CY) and now in Q1 BesTV didn't even bother to say anything about Xbone sales in China... some guys here in VGC tried to make it like it was sold thought number but it was cleary shipped.

100k is the numbers we have for the first shipment and it is reasonable to guess it is not sold yet... even after half year.

And I agree the VGC numbers for China launch are cleary wrong but not just that EU and RotW sales for Xbone are overtracked for sure... no way that console is selling that "good" outside US and UK.

Hehe i remember how Seece,Toast and some others went ham over the shipped numbers and how they thought this is sold :D
The reality hurts - The PS4 needs 1 month for what the X1 needed 8 or so.

And yeah - The X1 is overtracked a lot outside of those 2 places.
The PS4 is clearly at 50% or more Marketshare already.
But on this site this is happened a lot in this Gen - Xbox shipped = sold  and PS4 Sold to customer = faaaaake  haha
MS says some shipped garbage and it gets changed in minutes while REAL SOLD TO CUSTOMER Numbers from Sony aren't accepted at all.