By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X SOLD OUT IN JAPAN

Skullwaker said:
Paatar said:
Exactly! And I should also mention, it is HELLA comfortable. So why do people hate it? Cause it looks bulky? If it is comfortable, works and provides unique gameplay, I think people should stop hating on it due to it having a screen.

It really is comfortable. I used it for the entirety of very long games (namely Wind Waker HD - twice) and never had an issue. People hate it because it's different. I understand that people want traditional controls, but if you want that, just buy a Pro Controller (I did for games like Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors).

The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes the Wii U much more expensive to produce which limits Nintendo's ability to cut the price of the console. But, I'm still glad they attempted to do something unique because I've had fun with it.

I dont know, as a Wii U owner myself I'm not a fan of the Gamepad at all. The buttons feel slightly too spaced apart IMO (especially the AB/XY buttons) which makes me less precise. This may have to do with me being primarily a handheld gamer where buttons are closer, but those particular bottons feel very odd to me. LOVE ZR/ZL though

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Skullwaker said:

It really is comfortable. I used it for the entirety of very long games (namely Wind Waker HD - twice) and never had an issue. People hate it because it's different. I understand that people want traditional controls, but if you want that, just buy a Pro Controller (I did for games like Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors).

The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes the Wii U much more expensive to produce which limits Nintendo's ability to cut the price of the console. But, I'm still glad they attempted to do something unique because I've had fun with it.

I dont know, as a Wii U owner myself I'm not a fan of the Gamepad at all. The buttons feel slightly too spaced apart IMO (especially the AB/XY buttons) which makes me less precise. This may have to do with me being primarily a handheld gamer where buttons are closer, but those particular bottons feel very odd to me. LOVE ZR/ZL though

Honestly it might be becsause you are used to the handheld. Cause I have never found those buttons too far apart. You might just have small hands though. Idk lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Metallox said:
DerNebel said:

First Day Sell-Through {2015.04.30}

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (GungHo Online Entertainment) (¥4.320) - 40% (two days sell-through)

[WIU] [WII] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online (Square Enix) (¥4.104) - 80% both versions sold almost the same amount of units

[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X # (Nintendo) (¥8.316) - 50-60% (two days sell-through)
Some people are arguing that the shipment is 300k and the bundle 50k. But if this rumor was true it would become the best selling game of the week. Not gonna happen

[PSV] To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers # (Aqua Plus) (¥5.184) - 40-50%

[PSV] New Tokyo Legacy: Operation Babel # (5pb.) (¥6.264) - 50%

Rabbids Land

[3DS] Nashi-jiru Action! Funassyi no Yukai na Ohanassyi (Success) (¥5.184)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162295198&postcount=279

Just saw this as well. I'd say it's an indication for 60-75K copies sold. 

Actually if this is true, it states they sold through 50-60% of their shipment, which is rumored to have been 300k of the game, and 50k in bundles. Which means they probably sold about 170k first week.

Paatar said:
Metallox said:

Just saw this as well. I'd say it's an indication for 60-75K copies sold. 

Actually if this is true, it states they sold through 50-60% of their shipment, which is rumored to have been 300k of the game, and 50k in bundles. Which means they probably sold about 170k first week.

I don't think it's true. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Paatar said:

I don't think it's true. 

I don't either. However, you saw what it was and said 60-70k sold.

I just did some math and said what the probibility was.

Around the Network
Paatar said:
I don't either. However, you saw what it was and said 60-70k sold.

I just did some math and said what the probibility was.

Here's what I'm thinking:

150-200k shipped

75-100k sold individual copies (if we assume the lowest 50% sell through) + 10-15k bundles

Which would equal 85-115k sold FW. (and this of course is only including the two days worth of sell through, which doesn't count today or tomorrow)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

In general the Gamepad is a great idea and decently implemented on the Wii U. However, it could be LOADS better then what we currently have in terms of usefulness. The wireless range should be longer, there should be some sort of multi-Gamepad support, batteries or some sort of better way to charge it and other features could have made the Gamepad into THE selling point of the system.

But reality is cruel and for the sake of cost effectiveness we have a system that probably would have been better off without it, since besides the convenience of off tv play so few developers including Nintendo seem to use it well. Hopefully the next system or systems will allow some of the Wii U features to survive and move to a more viable platform.

Meanwhile, I hope Japan enjoys Xenoblade Chronicles X a great deal so this franchise will get another addition in the future as well.

So if 50k were in bundles does that mean Wii U 70k est for that week WW?

SmokedHostage said:
I'd love to see shipment numbers for this.

Me  2

So 1 million+ copies sold?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.