By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide weekly chart up - 28th march

theprof00 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Can someone clear something up for me? If PS4 sold 310,000 last week and 315,000 this week, how is BB a system seller?

It's not like everyone who wants bloodborne goes out and buys the game that week. It's spread out over time. It will increase the baseline of console purchases slightly, like 3-4% for a month or so, and should increase sales beforehand as well. It should help move around 100k consoles.

And didn't Bloodborne actually rise on places like Amazon, after launch, likely due to the reception/word of mouth/reviews etc...?  I thought pre-launch it was doing very well, but after launch and after the word started getting out about it, it actually rose further in the sales rankings?  Could be wrong, though.

Around the Network

The power of the blood!!!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Mummelmann said:
zorg1000 said:

It's still up YoY where the New 3DS just released (America/Europe) it's only down in Japan where New 3DS has been available for 6 months and this week last year got a large boost due to being the last week before the tax hike in Japan.

Yes, but Japan is affecting global numbers a great deal, same with Vita; it has about half its sales in one region.

If the N3DS effect in Japan faded so quickly; it will do the same in the West, which are even weaker markets for handhelds, and what's happening in Japan is bound to happen in other markets as well, hence why I'm expecting it to keep on dropping. All in all; I believe it will de down about 15% yoy when is said and done for 2015.

No Japan does not make up nearly half of 3DS sales, it's more like 35%, Japan-18.5 million, Total-52 million.

U said it was down YOY despite New 3DS releasing a few weeks ago, I was simply pointing out that's not true in areas where it recently released.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Hot damn the PS4 is killing. It has to be at 50% marketshare by now.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

That MP10 hold though usually wii u games drop to the 30ks in the US bot 70k is better than normal.
Blood is just absolute beast and deserves it.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Mummelmann said:

Yes, but Japan is affecting global numbers a great deal, same with Vita; it has about half its sales in one region.

If the N3DS effect in Japan faded so quickly; it will do the same in the West, which are even weaker markets for handhelds, and what's happening in Japan is bound to happen in other markets as well, hence why I'm expecting it to keep on dropping. All in all; I believe it will de down about 15% yoy when is said and done for 2015.

No Japan does not make up nearly half of 3DS sales, it's more like 35%, Japan-18.5 million, Total-52 million.

U said it was down YOY despite New 3DS releasing a few weeks ago, I was simply pointing out that's not true in areas where it recently released.

I meant that the Vita has half its weekly sales in Japan, and that Japan numbers are greatly affecting the 3DS global numbers as well.

Yes, I said despite the N3DS, the N3DS launching in the West has failed to increase global sales this week and make up for lost traction in Japan and it is still my belief that we'll see the same thing that has happened in Japan happen here as well. And that is why I think it will be down yoy for 2015.

zorg1000 said:
Mummelmann said:

3DS is at 201k here for march(4 weeks) in the usa,march(5 weeks) npd had 3ds at 263k-267k...

So vgc must have 3DS at 62k-66k in the fifth week in the USA while for the 4th week has it at 48k  in N.A....

Yup....PS4 running away with the win this gen. Only thing that matters now is if Nintendo and Microsoft can at least eek a profit out of whatever marketshare PS4 leaves them. Basically this is the 6th gen, but with Xbox One doing better then the original Xbox at the very least.

Serious observation: While I am sure diehard PS fans have zero problems with a repeat monopoly of the PS2, this confirms a personal theory that when PS wins a gen, they literally don't leave any room for competition to thrive. Nintendo will turtle and stick to just 1st party, and MS simply can no longer sustain their spending/expanding.

At least in the 7th gen, all 3 companies thrived in their own respects. That IMO is how it should have been. Before people rebuttal me concerning my Xbox bias, yes 360 had a upper hand for the majority of the gen, but it certainly was no monopoly, as PS3 controlled mainland Europe/Japan, with Nintendo going after a different demographic all together.

I dunno, call me someone who has a nostalgic soft spot for Nintendo and wants to see Xbox One selling better then it currently deserves.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Mummelmann said:
zorg1000 said:

I meant that the Vita has half its weekly sales in Japan, and that Japan numbers are greatly affecting the 3DS global numbers as well.

Yes, I said despite the N3DS, the N3DS launching in the West has failed to increase global sales this week and make up for lost traction in Japan and it is still my belief that we'll see the same thing that has happened in Japan happen here as well. And that is why I think it will be down yoy for 2015.

Japan hasn't lost traction, like I originally said it had a large boost this week last year. According to Media Create, 3DS will be slightly up YOY for the next 3 weeks in Japan. In these 3 weeks last year, USA average about 30k/week and Europe about 40k/week so 3DS is likely to be up YOY in the next 3 weeks globally.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Very good numbers for Ps4. 50% marketshare at reach.

I agree with Sales that when ps wins it is by occupying the whole thing. I don't mind because I love it and Just play key Nintendo 1st parties while I have no interest in MS, but I can understand your pain and how that could affect you by getting less games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."