By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The strongest and more expensive console will win this generation, it never happened before.

wildmorgan said:
I don't think the 360 won last gen, unless your just talking sales in the US alone.

The PS3 consistently outsold the 360 worldwide year on year, eventually bringing it level with 360 sales even though it was released over a year later. Not to mention the age old rumour that MS included those consoles used to replace the broken ones in RROD fiasco as sales.

The PS3 won in both sales and power, but yes, I concede it was more expensive.

I think ur forgetting about a little system called Wii lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Tagged

Sony found the right balance of power and cost. I think it's safe to say that Sony has found their model in the post-Kutaragi era. Put out the most powerful console they can, while taking only a slight loss at the $399 price point AND being consumer friendly. I think if they stick to this model, they should have the next few gens on lock, as well.

We're talking gaming consoles here, not kids toys.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

zorg1000 said:
wildmorgan said:
I don't think the 360 won last gen, unless your just talking sales in the US alone.

The PS3 consistently outsold the 360 worldwide year on year, eventually bringing it level with 360 sales even though it was released over a year later. Not to mention the age old rumour that MS included those consoles used to replace the broken ones in RROD fiasco as sales.

We're talking serious gaming consoles here, not kids toys.

Around the Network
wildmorgan said:
zorg1000 said:
wildmorgan said:

We're talking serious gaming consoles here, not kids toys.

That sounds a lot like something a 13 year old would say, u can't discredit a console because it doesn't appeal to ur demographic. Wii won last generation, get over it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

wildmorgan said:

We're talking gaming consoles here, not kids toys.

Annihilation Imminent!

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

As many others have pointed out already, PS4 did not start out as the most expensive console. When it launched alongside the Xbox One, PS4 was the cheaper option. The fact that PS4 began its momentum as the cheaper option renders the premise flawed and therefore moot.

Mandalore76 said:
As many others have pointed out already, PS4 did not start out as the most expensive console. When it launched alongside the Xbox One, PS4 was the cheaper option. The fact that PS4 began its momentum as the cheaper option renders the premise flawed and therefore moot.

It was only more expensive for what? 5 months? thats nothing in comparison to the lifetime of a console. The ps3 made a comback with the price getting equal in 2009 with ps3 slim model. Thats ~ 3 years after release

petroleo said:

The Wii was an a atrocity to game developers and to the game industry in general, yes it sold like hell but to which audience ?, games weren't selling, only Marios and Pokemons were selling there, so selling millions Wii didn't mean nothing to the game industry, it actually was hurting cause PS3 released its superior Wii mote , the expensive Kinect on the xbone, probably Sony or MS never got back their investment on those things.

The winners last gens were the PS3/PSP and the 360 cause they maintain the game industry for all people.

This time the PS4 is once again building a console for every one unlike the Wii U or the xbone, MS is trying hard to maintain their boat afloat but they blew it in the specs and their general design, their only way to them to succeed is to release a lot I mean alot of games but that I mean exclusive games, but we all know the sad story about that.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

This is off topic, but I just want to address the Wii bashing I see in this thread for a second.  Wii actually moved software pretty well on par with 360 and PS3 last gen.  Not Mario-only or Pokemon (that fact that you even infer that Wii was flooded with Pokemon games should be enough to prove you don't know what you're talking about) titles either as you claim, since their were quite a few million+ sellers on the system from 3rd Parties.  For example, Call of Duty 3 sold over 2 million on Wii, outselling both PS2 and PS3 versions.  And a couple of the Madden titles (07 & 08) outsold or sold on par with their PS3 counterparts.  But, you people can keep telling yourself that Wii contributed nothing to the 7th gen video game industry.  Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Wii

VGChartz Tracked Totals493.79258.3169.2478.71900.05
Software Shipment Totals495.84258.9569.40116.51

PlayStation 3

VGChartz Tracked Totals365.51312.5975.74135.47889.31
Software Shipment Totals368.92314.8877.12142.53903.45

Xbox 360

VGChartz Tracked Totals568.49262.7012.7380.55924.47
Software Shipment Totals571.31263.7212.89102.64950.56