By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The strongest and more expensive console will win this generation, it never happened before.

Colecovision

Sega Masteystem

SNK Neo Geo AES

Nintendo 64

Xbox

PS3

They all failed what the PS4 is acomplishing now, winning this console generation with the strongest Hardware and the higher price tag. Even after the xbox 1 got its price drop and is now cheaper than the ps4 it still cant keep up with ps4 in sales. The ps4 still hasnt got a price drop and went from being 100$ cheaper now to 50-70$ more expensive than the xbox 1, think about that.

Are gamers now more enlighted when it comes to graphics and Hardware? 

Last gen the Wii has won which was almost a gamecube and a lot weaker than the ps3 and xbox 360. I think this is the reason why this generation is a lot weaker in comparison to the last one because the less expensive consoles have won, espacially the Wii. In this generation all 3 tried to be as much profitable as possible, even MS as we have seen had a back-up plan without the kinect.

I think the next console generation will have a lot more horse power dueto the ps4 winning this generation and setting the example for the next consoles.

Opinions?

Around the Network

Well, we have to wait for the pricing of the SteamBox first XD.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

PS4 is just giving gamers what they want. Both Nintendo and MS tried to enforce on their userbase things they don't want. And of course, trying to rectify early mistakes takes lots of time and money, the PS3 succeeded because Sony was committed, remains to be seen if MS and Nintendo are willing to spend that money to correct their image in the eye of gamers. (tho prolly not in Nintendo's case, already talks about a new console next year).

Darwinianevolution said:
Well, we have to wait for the pricing of the SteamBox first XD.

Its not a console for me, it doesnt support physical media. By that logic i can count ouya and androidboxes as consoles.

Nintendo and Microsoft shot themselves with poor reveal. Plus last few years of PS3 were amazing (example, the last of us). And for PS4 everything clicked together. Used games support, good future of first party games, good hardware and very strong word of mouth were more than enough. Sometimes a good word of mouth is powerful than a billion dollar campaign.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Colecovision

Sega Masteystem

SNK Neo Geo AES

Nintendo 64

Xbox

PS3

They all failed what the PS4 is acomplishing now, winning this console generation with the strongest Hardware and the higher price tag. Even after the xbox 1 got its price drop and is now cheaper than the ps4 it still cant keep up with ps4 in sales. The ps4 still hasnt got a price drop and went from being 100$ cheaper now to 50-70$ more expensive than the xbox 1, think about that.

Are gamers now more enlighted when it comes to graphics and Hardware? 

Last gen the Wii has won which was almost a gamecube and a lot weaker than the ps3 and xbox 360. I think this is the reason why this generation is a lot weaker in comparison to the last one because the less expensive consoles have won, espacially the Wii. In this generation all 3 tried to be as much profitable as possible, even MS as we have seen had a back-up plan without the kinect.

I think the next console generation will have a lot more horse power dueto the ps4 winning this generation and setting the example for the next consoles.

Opinions?

the ps4 is stonger than the rest, but realy weak if compared to the first years of the other gens.

and i wouldnt count the neo geo, thats a totaly different beast and they never planed to win that generation (or the generation after, im not sure if its realy weaker than the n64. sue it just can handle 2d games, but thoe are realy realy impressive

Yeah, it looks like it, though it could depend on new companies entering such as Steam and Amazon

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ka-pi96 said:
Price cut doesn't really matter. The Xbox One still started out as the most expensive console, so no the most expensive console still won't win.

Most powerful though? Yeah, it's the first time but that's not a bad thing. Previous consoles won because they had great games, not because of power. Hopefully when all is said and done we can say that the PS4 won because of great games as well.

Sums up what I was going to say. 

I always thought that the Xbox 360 was stronger than the PS3.

Well, the PS4 isn't that expensive compared to the (launch) price of the PS3 or XB360.

Great discovery, you just proved that human eye sight evolves with the passage of time. We are currently at the peak of the evolution process.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"