By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The strongest and more expensive console will win this generation, it never happened before.

Technically, the xbox one was more expensive and it was less powerful. It was forced to drop the kinect, backpedal on their anticonsumer policies and do a permanent price cut to compete. Sony has yet to respond with a price cut of their own.

It's the best console for gaming this generation. There's no gimmicks and it has the best well rounded library. 

Around the Network

The Wii was an a atrocity to game developers and to the game industry in general, yes it sold like hell but to which audience ?, games weren't selling, only Marios and Pokemons were selling there, so selling millions Wii didn't mean nothing to the game industry, it actually was hurting cause PS3 released its superior Wii mote , the expensive Kinect on the xbone, probably Sony or MS never got back their investment on those things.

The winners last gens were the PS3/PSP and the 360 cause they maintain the game industry for all people.

This time the PS4 is once again building a console for every one unlike the Wii U or the xbone, MS is trying hard to maintain their boat afloat but they blew it in the specs and their general design, their only way to them to succeed is to release a lot I mean alot of games but that I mean exclusive games, but we all know the sad story about that.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

It's just Sony benefiting from Xbox One and Wii-U being anti-consumer.

Pixel Art can be fun.

PxlStorm said:
I always thought that the Xbox 360 was stronger than the PS3.

Well, the PS4 isn't that expensive compared to the (launch) price of the PS3 or XB360.

I think the 360 ruled on multi plat games simply because in a nutshell it was easier (and quicker) to develop for so in most cases was the lead platform and then the titles were shovelled over to PS3 resulting in games that performed worse (evident more so in the early years of the console as opposed to the latter years.)  But when it came to exclusive games and the handful of devs that REALLY knew how to program the PS3, the PS3 was a clear winner.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I thought the 360 was more powerful than the PS3. :o

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Price cut doesn't really matter. The Xbox One still started out as the most expensive console, so no the most expensive console still won't win.

Most powerful though? Yeah, it's the first time but that's not a bad thing. Previous consoles won because they had great games, not because of power. Hopefully when all is said and done we can say that the PS4 won because of great games as well.

i have no doubt in my mind that when all is said and done we will be able to say that, afterall the PS4 is only 16 or 17  months old (arround a year and a half), and none of its big franchises have dropped yet, plus like any other PS console it will be supported for years to come even after next gen arrives (just like the PS3 and any other PS console).

i think Sony knows they take their time to deliver the big and great games, and thats why they made that slogan "Greatness Awaits"  

As for the OP: yeah i think this is the first time the most powerful console will win the generation but we must wait until anyone can claim victory afterall this generation just started, (at least for the X1 and PS4).

I think the success of PS4 is a testament to the power of 3rd parties and their multiplats. PS4 isn't winning just because it's more powerful. It's winning, because due to this extra power, 3rd party multiplats look better on it. obviously, there are other reasons why it's such a massacre, but the core reason why this time power translates so strongly into sales is just that. Exclusives play a smaller role than ever, so dominating in the 3rd party space means a lot.

PS. I believe GCN could outmuscle the OG Xbox.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

KdxlavkdX said:

Nah. PS3 was easily the most powerful console of the generation. But X360 was easier to develop for, so lazy devs got better results there.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
KdxlavkdX said:

Nah. PS3 was easily the most powerful console of the generation. But X360 was easier to develop for, so lazy devs got better results there.

That's probably why I thought it was more powerful. -_-

Ka-pi96 said:
Price cut doesn't really matter. The Xbox One still started out as the most expensive console, so no the most expensive console still won't win.

This.