By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 exclusive content on BO3?

Azerth said:
If true then yay for sony on taking content away from everyone else

Just like Microsoft did for years before Sony?

Around the Network

With Halo to go up against, I could see Activision seeing value in not having a conflict of interest with the comarketer. Counterpoint could be the Battlefront deal though. It's definitely the biggest showdown in FPS that I can recall. Halo was the biggest FPS until COD decisively dethroned it with COD4MW and beyond, but COD has slid a bit and Halo seemed to peak a bit as well (IIRC H4 only tied H3 initial sales roughly on a much higher install base while failing hard in MP playerbase). So arguments could easily be made that both are declining. I predict H5 wins X1 sales over COD and BF, while the race between COD and BF remains tight. Battlefront could walk away with the highest sales for multiplat just due to franchise fatigue with COD. I also think that the core Halo fans, the hardcore Xbox loyalists have pretty much all bought in to X1 already, so their challenge will be to attract a wider audience. That may prove tough as a sci fi FPS is now a crazily overstuffed market. COD starting with AW, Titanfall 1 and 2, Destiny, Killzones, Battlefront, etc. It's just not unique anymore. So it will take something special to stand out and overcome something like Star Wars mania.

Versus_Evil said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
We're going to get multiple threads on BO3 until the marketing deal is confirmed aren't we . . .

yep and then were gonna get a further 50 threads rubbing it in xbox fans faces.

The funny part when Xbox fans don't even care

NobleTeam360 said:
Versus_Evil said:

yep and then were gonna get a further 50 threads rubbing it in xbox fans faces.

The funny part when Xbox fans don't even care

We'll never know, there really aren't that many xbox fans on vgchartz, atleast vocal enough

manny10032 said:

Everything in their studio is PS4.....if that helps

The PS4 is probably the lead platform which makes sense seeing as it was the lead for AW, and they have to show it running on something.The lead platform doesn't necessarily imply a marketing deal; See: Advanced Warfare, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 3, and Dragon Age: Inquisition. We won't know about any marketing deals for sure until E3m so it's still up in the air. 

Around the Network

Maybe 180p additional pixels only on playstation?

4k1x3r said:
Azerth said:
If true then yay for sony on taking content away from everyone else

Just like Microsoft did for years before Sony?

Diff being sony typically goes for exclusive content ex:destiny.  Where as ms typically goes for first access 

estebxx said:

yeah, i agree there are better ways to spend that money, not to mention it would be a very shitty move...

Why would it be a 'shitty move'? MS have had the marketing deal for years now so isn't it about time that Sony had their chance?

The PS5 Exists. 

fireburn95 said:
Maybe 180p additional pixels only on playstation?

Just like most games lol. 

fireburn95 said:
DialgaMarine said:
I think the box art thing is just a mistake. "Only on Playstation" only goes on exclusive games, not ones with exclusive content. I know Sony used to put "exclusive content only on Playstation" on PS3 cases, but I've yet to see them do that with PS4. It really wouldn't shock me if Activision saw the resounding success of PS4 and decided accepting Sony's offer for partnership (you know Sony wants it) would only make them that much more money.

But these would have been supplied by ACTI to Amazon, unless amazon jumped the gun and stole a photoshopped version of twitter or something. Highly unlikely but still curious.

Hmmm... Maybe? We'l just have to wait and see. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon