By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 exclusive content on BO3?

I'm starting to think neither Sony or MS has marketing for Black Ops 3.

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

KdxlavkdX said:
Until there's legitimate proof, MS has the partnership with COD.

I think the correct statement is until there's legitimate proof, COD has become platform agnostic.

DialgaMarine said:
I think the box art thing is just a mistake. "Only on Playstation" only goes on exclusive games, not ones with exclusive content. I know Sony used to put "exclusive content only on Playstation" on PS3 cases, but I've yet to see them do that with PS4. It really wouldn't shock me if Activision saw the resounding success of PS4 and decided accepting Sony's offer for partnership (you know Sony wants it) would only make them that much more money.

But these would have been supplied by ACTI to Amazon, unless amazon jumped the gun and stole a photoshopped version of twitter or something. Highly unlikely but still curious.

Everything in their studio is PS4.....if that helps

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
shogunknight said:
Xbox one and PC options are there too you know....

I know....

Read title bruh

I think thats normal for either Sony/Microsoft to place that, your 2nd evidence is the questionable one.

Sincerely it seems like a waste of money to me, maybe its for the e-sports league

OttoniBastos said:
Ruler said:
Sony shouldnt waste money on stuff like that

normally i would agree with you(first party investments >> all) but this year is different.BO3 is current gen exclusive which means people will have to upgrade.

Remember how much GTA5 boosted PS3 back in 2013? It broke the 360 consecutive winning in usa

in the long run own IPs is more important and profitable

NobleTeam360 said:

That's my thought as well. I just wonder how COD tournaments will handle, doesn't MS usually give $1million or something to the winning team out of their pockets. It's something I doubt sony would want to do, or activision would do.

Could be no marketing deal, but microsoft may have a seperate deal in other areas e.g. tournament marketing 

and sony prob managed to syphon an exclusive gun camo or something

manny10032 said:

Everything in their studio is PS4.....if that helps

Where are those images from?

fireburn95 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

That's my thought as well. I just wonder how COD tournaments will handle, doesn't MS usually give $1million or something to the winning team out of their pockets. It's something I doubt sony would want to do, or activision would do.

Could be no marketing deal, but microsoft may have a seperate deal in other areas e.g. tournament marketing 

and sony prob managed to syphon an exclusive gun camo or something

According to the pro CoD players the contract for the $1million tournament is over.