By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox 360 Was Probably the Best Engineered Video Game Console Ever

What is the best Engineered Video Game Console Ever?

Xbox 360 127 13.86%

PS4 405 44.21%

SNES 123 13.43%

Dreamcast 62 6.77%

Atari 2600 12 1.31%

None of the above 187 20.41%

Total:916

If you consider sub-par to be the best, then yes, it probably was the best. Lets simply forget about pretty much every single mainstream console and handheld released before and after it.

If it wasn't obvious I do not share OPs opinion...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

it was terrible when it came to the actual execution of the design. The 360 was extremely failure prone.

That said I agree with the point it was conceptually designed well, and definitely proved MS good choice at the time for the hardware design.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

TheSting said:
brendude13 said:
I can see where you're coming from, but no, not even close. I'd say the Playstation was.

Lol. PlayStation? Lol again 

damn sure wasn't the 360 either. 

I'm just going to assume you meant worst engineered console ever. The damage that the 360 has done in terms of consumer trust of launch day reliability lasts to this day.

it was huge, and is had a huge brick, cheap disk tray, RROD and I might be missing something, I think you are using the wrong word when you say engineered, i might have been "the console with the best features at lunch" but not he best engineered.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

lol at the vote :D
to many ps fans around here and everywhere else

xbox 360 and snes > ps4 ofc

hedges01 said:
lol at the vote :D
to many ps fans around here and everywhere else

xbox 360 and snes > ps4 ofc

A lot of people bought the PS4...

Actually, I just remembered the Atari 2600 had a model partly made of wood, changing my vote to that.

Since this is design quality. I'm picking SNES. Still working today with no issues. And very easy to open and maintain. I'd pick PS4. If it didn't take an hour to open. But putting in the power supply beats the other systems. Stop with the crap AC adapter boxes. And just make your system longer.

Nintendo and Sega always made the best engineered consoles, ,robust and solid. Sega's Saturn is a UFC fighter compared to the 360 's Pee Wee Herman. Dremacast encompassed so much within it's little case and my original purchase still works flawlessly to this day ( it was only people that used pirate games that messed up their Dreamcasts by screwing the laser) .. The Original XBOX was a sturdy piece of kit and i amassed a sizable amount of games for the system ,over 80 games.

The 360 might have a great library of games but it is a very poor design and my own rrod within six months of getting one, and i actually waited till March 2007 to get mine and it was still no good. A family member who got his 6 months after mine had is rrod in less then 24 hours of unboxing it. The online retailer would not take it back and told him to send to microsoft who six weeks to repair by sending him someone elses repaired used one. It has since gone into melt down again.

My own 360 rrod again just after i got my Wii U. I have since repaired it myself ,using a online kit and fitted a new high speed fan it works but sometimes takes ages to turn on. I stopped buying games for my 360 after the first rrod ,only picking up the odd bargain bin game .

Both my PS3's consoles i have bought used ,both fat and one a 60gb all PS PLAYING MEGA BEAST. They are both resilient machines and weigh a ton.

360 is the worst engineered console of all time.

The best would be close between Dreamcast / PS3 / Xbox Original and Wii.

I think it's to early to include the new gen machines, in five years after constant use their still going then lets see how they look then..

We all know all three 8th gen units had early hiccups , but i can only speak for my Wii U , which has been on nearly everyday since the launch day i received it.

BRKITG