By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the PS3fans are voting for games that have not launched yet?

Its because when ______________ is released, ps3 domination will begin.

Around the Network

Probably the same reason that most non nintendo games that break into the top 50 get pushed off immediately unless it has a huge amount of votes.

And considering all of those games on the PS3 list are under 8, it is obviously not only Sony fanboys.  The ratings are pretty worthless anyway, and should just be disabled.

damkira said:

Its because when ______________ is released, ps3 domination will begin.

This is my guess for the reasoning behind this crazy behaviour.

Obviously anonymous ratings are a bad idea. Which is a shame they should be useful for all players on all consoles to get a feel for what the community feels is a good or a bad game on their respective consoles. The answer is to remove anonymity force the low ballers and the high ballers into the light where they can be banned for abusing the system. Even better is to deny the use of the function for a couple months after joining the site. To prevent multiple account generators from breaking the scores for any period of time.

Basically its all just childish shenanigans. This is why the only gamer ratings I trust are on retail sites. They are more honest and caring about their fellow gamers. They dead pan games, because they want to protect fellow gamers. The give high scores to games they really liked, because they do not want other gamers to miss out.

SpartanFX said:
Fanboys are fanboys,,,And It's not like nintendo or microsoft fanboys are any better,,,Actually with this thread you show that nintendo fanboys are worse,,They just do the same and complain if sony fanboys do it,,What was that word againn,,,mmmm,,,oh yea hypocrite

I've seen this same exact thread started by sony fan boys, though I've never seen one started by microsoft fanboys......,

but I guess that's only because MrStickball or Legend11 haven't started one or have the good sense not to start one then proceed to be shouted down by the remainder of the site

the point is all fanboys act more or less exactly the same except using different factoids

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

The phantom games averages a 7 and you think its the Sony fanboys that are voting?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

How can you rate a game not out yet?

MGS4 might suck like 3 did!

And FF 13 might suck like 12 did!

Wait till they are finished guys!

I've never understood people that didn't like FF12...I mean it wasn't the best FF of the lot but I still enjoyed it utterly and liked the battle systems change of pace.

Oh and bite your tongue Selnor....MGS3 kicked ass.

On the note of games that aren't out yet, I have to agree with others in the thread that are pointing out that those games are not 10's so it's not as though Sony Fanboys are the only ones rating them, and who started rating them is impossible to tell.

Torillian said:
I've never understood people that didn't like FF12...I mean it wasn't the best FF of the lot but I still enjoyed it utterly and liked the battle systems change of pace.

Oh and bite your tongue Selnor....MGS3 kicked ass.

On the note of games that aren't out yet, I have to agree with others in the thread that are pointing out that those games are not 10's so it's not as though Sony Fanboys are the only ones rating them, and who started rating them is impossible to tell.
Sorry but I disagree. MGS1 and 2 were awesome 3 was at best 7 / 10 for me. 

selnor said:
How can you rate a game not out yet?

MGS4 might suck like 3 did!

And FF 13 might suck like 12 did!

Wait till they are finished guys!

Maybe they're just tired of waiting. The've been waiting longer than everyone else for an exclusive AAA game. I guess this is how they cope.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo