By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the PS3fans are voting for games that have not launched yet?

I agree with Torillian maybe ff 12 wans't the besttt ff, but it was fun to play a lot of sidequest and things to do.
Likewise Msg3 i liked more the 2 , but the 3 was really good, the story was quite amazing and the gameplay was cool.
the only bad side is that meh... i hate the jungle xD

-Universe aeons ago.

Around the Network

@Godbless

and WII fanboys cope by rating WII fit OVER an eight around 4 MONTHS before it launched

seriously don't give me that

@Selnor

I say it again to you

get a REALITY check, your mind doesn't = facts

check out metacritic on both those games, NEITHER of them "sucked"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Like Microsoft and Nintendo Fanboys don't do the same thing. I am not say what the Sony Fan Boys are doing are correct. criticism of this action should not be leveled at just sony fans but all those who rate the games early. Their are two wasys correct this and that is to take down evey game that has not been released yet and wait till they are released. Or voting should be disabled for those games until that game is released.

I also believe that voting on games should not be allowed after that system has been discontinued and no more games are made for it. For example their are a lot of games on the Dreamcast that have only rated at 2-3 when they were very popular games from 1999-2001.

Anyway I don't follow user ratings unless they come from a retail site were they actually are forced to discuss the rating they give or the proffessional reviewers that review them. Even then it all depends on the Genres that your prefer like for me Mediocre JRPGs are even better than even the greatest shooters out there. that is why ratings don't mean anything and it is up to the consumer to decide which games they like the best

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

PDF said:
Why do anti Sony fans give PS3 games bad scores when they never played the game.?

so true.

I would really hope that people, put their fanatisim aside. But i think that's pretty impossible >.

-Universe aeons ago.

Around the Network

how about we just leave it at this:

there are a small percentage of fan boys from each console, who rate their games high, and others low.

However, there are more wii owners, so the number of wii fanboys is likely higher (not a higher percentage, just a higher number) so wii games eventually get rated higher, and other systems lower.

But who cares, has anyone here actually based a purchase or anything like that off these ratings?

You know what this thread needs? 

Less hostility and more kittens.

....the fact that everyone is complaining about scores of games that havent even come out yet really means some people need to get out more....stop worrying about the scores THEY DONT MEAN A DAMN THING...

Machina-AX said:
Look like pretty low scores to me, which suggests there are more anti-PS3 people than pro-PS3 people voting *shrugs*

Low scores for unreleased games...yes thats the problem. come on guys, they should be higher, give them the benefit of the doubt...

I Agree with Words of Wisdom. Less Hostility in this thread. As a Wii owner and fangirl I DO NOT VOTE ON GAMES I HAVE NOT PLAYED. That said people who do are shameful. Even those who vote on PS3 games to help balance out the ratings before the game is released are shameful.
now moar of teh kittehs!