By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Got an Xbox One today..

Ori looks awesome! Exactly the kind of game I was looking for.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:

My brother bought it on the release but was extremely dissapointed and hates it dearly so I offered myself to buy it for cheap. And I did.

He had Fifa, Titanfall, Some CoD game, AC:5, Sunset Overdrive and neither of those games are really my cup of tea. What should I get?

I am a Nintendo fan since forever so games in that mold would be splendid but I am certainly willing to try new stuff. 

Things I will get for sure: Volgarr the Viking and Battletoads infused Shovel Knight.. but after that I'm lost. 

I got a PS4 as well so I will buy the multi plat games like Arkham Knight, Witcher 3 on the plattform that has the best release so I am mostly looking for exclusives... Scalebound I will most certainly get but I was never a Halo fan so I am not sure about the next incarnation or the MCC.

Help! :>

What genres of games do you like?

You're pretty much asking what orange tastes the most like apples....

Since you already have a PS4 and you use that for multiplats, just look into every exclusive on X1 and see which interest you.

Maybe go play Killer Instinct and Conker via Project Spark. Those have the stink of Nintendo on them.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Max curse of the Brotherhood is good

Around the Network

Congratulations! It's always fun and frustrating to try a new system.

I would definitely recommend Shadow of Mordor. It's a great game and explores the haptic feedback triggers well. Also Trials Fusion is another good one - I like it better than the 7th gen games.

I also really enjoyed Assassin's Creed 4, and it's on sale really inexpensively all over right now. It looks good and is fun to play.

For exclusives, have you thought about Ryse? It's like $10, and set it to hard and you might enjoy it like I did. Plus Dance Central Spotlight, Disney's Fantasia and Kinect Rivals.

And don't forget Project Spark. Go through a tutorial, it's really fun to make your own land/island/cave/volcano whatever you make.

Happy Gaming!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Do you have a gaming PC?

Anyway, give Ori, Killer Instinct (which feels lik a Nintendo game because....), Dead Rising 3. Oh, be sure to post your impressions. Hope you got a Kinect as it is pretty sweet. And, if it's not too much to ask--can we have your Gamertag?

Aeolus451 said:
Mbolibombo said:

My brother bought it on the release but was extremely dissapointed and hates it dearly so I offered myself to buy it for cheap. And I did.

He had Fifa, Titanfall, Some CoD game, AC:5, Sunset Overdrive and neither of those games are really my cup of tea. What should I get?

I am a Nintendo fan since forever so games in that mold would be splendid but I am certainly willing to try new stuff. 

Things I will get for sure: Volgarr the Viking and Battletoads infused Shovel Knight.. but after that I'm lost. 

I got a PS4 as well so I will buy the multi plat games like Arkham Knight, Witcher 3 on the plattform that has the best release so I am mostly looking for exclusives... Scalebound I will most certainly get but I was never a Halo fan so I am not sure about the next incarnation or the MCC.

Help! :>

What genres of games do you like?

Big in to plattforming, puzzle games, adventure, rpg and so forth.. not so much in to racing and fps on consoles..

If you got a Kinect and you like music games. Fantasia was enjoyable for the whole family. It's my favorite Kinect experience. I'm out of it....damn medication from getting my wisdom teeth removed.

Keep a look out for Cuphead!

I was never a huge Halo fan. I always thought it was just pretty good. But MCC is how the Halo games were meant to be played: at 60fps. It's a huge positive change for me. Except 2. I still can't get into Halo 2.