By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How Tolerant Are You?

I'm a very firm believer in Freedom of Speech/ Freedom of Expression. A person has every right to think and speak about something as they see fit, even if I don't agree with it personally. My only real limit is pretty much desecration and disrespect of the US flag (speaking for my own personal country, could apply anywhere), and the service members that stand for it. Mainly because there's no real reason for it, and there never has been. Besides that though, I couldn't care less what others think and believe. It's their unalienable right to do so, so long as they don't try to shove, whatever it is they're selling, into my head.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
ktay95 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I believe in no religion, I live in one of the greatest nations on the planet and I favor the console maker that truly cares for its fans.

With this in mind, I pity whoever feels the need to insult me for my position.

I was going to bash your country but then I clicked on your profile -_-

Honestly just go fuck yourself =P

One of the few countries I would actually consider to be a better place to grow up then here.

Really? I can think of a lot of places better than Austria.

Yes, Australia is much better, also than Sweden, since it is much warmer. It is also not in Europe which is great. And they make great Kaiserschmarrn down there as well!

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Ka-pi96 said:
Depends entirely on their reasoning. If they have legitimate reasons and can articulate them then they can go for it and I may even agree at times.

If they are just being a dick about it then I'll bash them right back.

I agree with this; I hate it when people have pathetic arguments and then act as if I'm to dimwit in the company, it happens more online than in real life though. In real life social situations, there's ususally too much consideration for various relations to go all-out.
I tend to just take it up with friends or my girlfriend when we come home.

I'm very tolerant if a person has good arguments for why they think a certain thing, if they're just bashing whatever for no good reason I either ignore them or I tell them to go fuck themselves.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

alternine said:
guiduc said:
I'll be very honest here... I'm not a very tolerant person.

Someone may disagree with me, everyone is entitled to their opinion (or not, I consider there are good and bad opinions). But negative opinions for the sake of negative opinions, and not to support whatsoever founded argument (I may find) makes me infuriated. I'm a natural leader so sometimes it's hard to oppose me without things escalating quickly. But I can be rational and often later aknowledge that I was wrong.

But do never bash Nintendo, ever with me.

You gotta accept other people views and opinions whether its online or in real life. Just how life works man.

Oh, I respect them. Doesn't mean I accept them. Mostly I stay out of the argument to not get my hands dirty, but sometimes you have to believe your vision is best for you to advance in life without encountering too many hurdles. Real life opinions matter most to me, because they convey emotional power while shared with other individuals face-to-face. Online, not so much. But first you have to believe your choice is the best so thereby your opinion doesn't get blundered by nuances. I like people with strong opinions, it makes arguments interesting, not the feeble ones. That's how I see life's working, ''man''...

Around the Network

I personally ignore most of the shit people say.

I don't really give a shit.

That is not even an exaggeration.

If they insist too much, I leave more often than not.

But other than that, if someone has an opinion, they are entitled to it.

Even if it makes me angry, I can be tolerant when people bashes and makes fun of homosexuality, religion or my console of preference both on the internet and in real life. Whether it is a blatant anti-religious Facebook post by Ricky Gervais, or a "PS4 sucks" comment on Youtube, I just laugh on how ignorant can people be and go on. Sure, there are some things that really grinds my gears, but I tend not to lower myself to their levels so they can feel pleased by winning an argument.

Several years ago, I used to be the most fervent Ratchet & Clank fanboy on the internet. I always looked for forums and videos with Ratchet vs Jak discussions and argued 'till no one else replied. I'm not like that anymore.

When it's religion, I always try to tread carefully because there are always voices who want to be louder than everyone else. So I check the comments overall and I write what I think, without imposing myself and without letting anti-religious comments get to me.

When it's about the consoles... I learned to not hate the competitors. However, when someone makes a imposing remark, like something about the PC Master Race, for example, I can get pretty angry, start hating everything non-Sony and overgeneralizing on my mind. But I can still take a deep breath and make a proper comment.

Am I tolerant? It depends.

I don't like online arguments because it escalates really easily when you can't hear a person's tone of voice, so I tend to avoid arguments in general, even if they are against my views.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

i am really intolerant to be honest, sometimes when i find a topic i greatly dislike i may just not post in it because i know that if i get in an argument i will waste a half a day arguing so i rather just save my time...