By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED:Do you think the Wii U will get a price cut this year?

How much do you think a $200-250 price will help Wii U?

Massive Boost over weeks 14 14.29%

Substantial Boost 29 29.59%

Moderate Boost 42 42.86%

Little or no effect 13 13.27%

Total:98
slab_of_bacon said:
Slarvax said:
I'd be baffled if there is no price cut this year. MS could make the XONE $300 this holiday, and it would be hilarous if Nintendo thinks the Wii U is as valuable as the XONE.

Why "hilarious"?

XBO is way more powerful, has a ton more games coming and available, and will more than likely be supported for a longer time than Wii U. For both to be priced the same would just be ilogical to me.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

It needs one. I'd be shocked if there isn't a price drop.

Yes, in september with the release of Mario Maker.

tak13 said:
zorg1000 said:
September-$249.99 Mario Maker bundle

I'm willing to bet on it

Do you wanna bet with me?I say may 7th in the Fiscal year'14 resuslts announcement event,you say september with a mario maker bundle!What the man who will lose must do?:P

So why they announced a Splatoon bundle with a price point of $299 then?

Most definitely. I'm thinking there will be a $250 Mario Maker bundle too.

I think an equally interesting question would be what's the lowest the Wii U's price can be because of the GamePad: $150 or $200?

I love the GamePad and I think its too late to sell a Wii U without one now, but that controller was such a costly risk that may have hurt the system more than it helped in terms of sales. It's like the people who came up with it delve into group think and none of them spoke up about the possibility of early price cuts for the system in case it struggled with poor sales and software support.

Around the Network
POE said:
tak13 said:

Do you wanna bet with me?I say may 7th in the Fiscal year'14 resuslts announcement event,you say september with a mario maker bundle!What the man who will lose must do?:P

LOL

I forgot that...Anyway,I will support myself...

You never know,they may didn't want to reveal the price cut yet and wait the 7th of May to do it...:P haha

I'd be shocked if they didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if both Playstation and Xbox get price cuts to $300 sometime this year.

The cut is long overdue. And I'm affraid at this point mere $50 won't cut it. They should go with at least the 3DS-type of $70 or $80 cut. The console isn't worth the current asking price, especially when compared to the price of Xbone and the inevitable PS4 cut.

Wii U needs a $199 price tag, but it can only get it if Nintendo still believes in the system, which I think it no longer does.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

tak13 said:
POE said:

LOL

I forgot that...Anyway,I will support myself...

You never know,they may didn't want to reveal the price cut yet and wait the 7th of May to do it...:P haha

lol, i don´t think so.

Scisca said:
The cut is long overdue. And I'm affraid at this point mere $50 won't cut it. They should go with at least the 3DS-type of $70 or $80 cut. The console isn't worth the current asking price, especially when compared to the price of Xbone and the inevitable PS4 cut.

Wii U needs a $199 price tag, but it can only get it if Nintendo still believes in the system, which I think it no longer does.

Yeah but not in the way you think it...

249$ this year and 199$ next year,it's more effective than one price cut of 100$ drop this year,also more financially viable...The same with gc,199$->2002->149$->2003->99$...

Wow 3DS initial price was 249$ with a 100 dollars manufacturing cost?:O I didn't know it because I didn't care for the first 3DS as I was sure an xl version would come and I waited,rightly eventually,I don't like small screens!:P