By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread - OUT NOW!!!!!!! Questions Thoughts And Opinions Inside!

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
DannyDesario said:

Bloodborne got great reviews and that's a JRPG.  Let's see those excuses when FFXV and Persona 5 come out

Persona games have very familiar gameplay though in each iteration, plus them having simple turn based combat goes a long way. Bloodborne is nothing like a typical JRPG.

FFXV is going to get so many polarizing reviews, and I'm betting Edge is going to be the most likely offender towards it.

Doubt it man.  If a BAD game like FFXIII gets great reviews I doubt Final Fantasy XV will.  Gameplay on the demo was awesome and it's open world.  Pretty much a 9 or 10 for IGN and Gamespot right off the bat.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Around the Network

Was expecting around 85 or so and it pretty much hit that. I don't get why everyone is thinking it is low, it's great!

With that said, Polygon giving it 70, Gamespot giving it 80 was expected but still disappointing ofc, we all knew it was going to happen.

What I usually do when using metacritic I always take away the top 5 and the bottom 5 from the average to ease out the most skeptical and most positive reviews. Pretty much every time the ratings doesn't differ more than half a point up or down at most which to me seems like a balanced series of reviews. But when doing it this time around it raises 2,5 points which should raise some questions about how some reviewed the game.

Cant wait until Friday!

DannyDesario said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Persona games have very familiar gameplay though in each iteration, plus them having simple turn based combat goes a long way. Bloodborne is nothing like a typical JRPG.

FFXV is going to get so many polarizing reviews, and I'm betting Edge is going to be the most likely offender towards it.

Doubt it man.  If a BAD game like FFXIII gets great reviews I doubt Final Fantasy XV will.  Gameplay on the demo was awesome and it's open world.  Pretty much a 9 or 10 for IGN and Gamespot right off the bat.

FFXIII was before the trend of reviewers looking at SE's first part development team with disdain.  

Lube Me Up

Ali_16x said:
Never said:
Like the first game it was never going to get universal love. It's too niche and complex. I just hope fans of xenoblade love it.

Except the first one got a 92 lol. What are you talking about?

Quite right. I thought it got somewhere the 80's for some reason. I was probably thinking of the 3ds version.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
DannyDesario said:

FFXIII was before the trend of reviewers looking at SE's first part development team with disdain.  

What main game to any series have they put out on consoles since FFXIII in general?  maybe reviewers just don't like spinoffs and remasters.

Around the Network
DannyDesario said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

What main game to any series have they put out on consoles since FFXIII in general?  maybe reviewers just don't like spinoffs and remasters.

Being a spin off shouldn't take away from anything.  KH spinoff games, Type 0 and Dissidia games imo got flacked way too hard.  Gamespot got that one right.  

Lube Me Up

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
DannyDesario said:

Being a spin off shouldn't take away from anything.  KH spinoff games, Type 0 and Dissidia games imo got flacked way too hard.  Gamespot got that one right.  

That's not the point.  Spinoffs are reviewed lower all the time.  Hence Persona Q gets lower scores than the main series.  Or Fallout New Vegas. ect.  The guidelines aren't exclusive to Nintendo Enix (My Nickname for them since their development timetable is embarrasing ).

For those too lazy to go examine Metacritic, here's a breakdown that makes things a bit more clear than just the Meta:

The overall reception is positive, with the vast majority scoring it in the positive range (28 out of 32).

There's a slight majority scoring it exceptionally positive with 17 scores at 90.

An overwhelming majority - 26 reviews - have provided very positive scores of 80 or higher, 21 being 85 or higher.

A few outliers have given merely positive reviews - two 75s - or mixed reviews - four below 75 - but none have given a score below 70.

That is how it currently stands. So overall, a very good reception. It's just that 70s do to metas what Cs do to your college GPA :P

And people said I was a pessimist for predicting 85.

Turns out I was actually overly optimistic.

My decision to buy it and my excitement for it remain unaffected; I learned years ago to disregard the opinions of reviewers when deciding what to buy. They generally lead me astray.

Watched the gamespot review. It was pretty bad.