By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Xenoblade Chronicles X Thread - OUT NOW!!!!!!! Questions Thoughts And Opinions Inside!

Conegamer said:
84 seems a bit low. I blame Cloud and in part Curl.

Around the Network

Just watched the Gamespot review, that guy does not understand JRPGs.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

84 is a good score. I know a lot of you expected higher numbers but 90+ scores for retail games have been hard to come by in the past few years. Only 3 games this year.

Just one more point X. Please..? I am one away from getting the score...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

SvennoJ said:
Forgive for not reading the previous 20 pages, but can someone explain the data packs?

They speed up loading afaik, yet by how much?
Can they really not be installed from disc?
The last 2 months of the year are very tight with my internet data caps, 11 GB is a lot.

Should I wait until Januari to play this?

Anyway the game got an essential from Eurogamer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-30-xenoblade-chronicles-x-review
Doesn't count anymore since they chickened out of giving scores, yet still great.

This video show cases all the different data packs in action alongside the game without them installed. Certain load times like fast-travelling are significantly reduced. Also keep in mind that there's a lot less pop-in and slightly improved textures in places as well on top of the faster loading

And not just loading, models like NPCs, enemies and the like will have a lot less pop-in. You'll be able to see things much further away before they suddenly appear on the screen as you're travelling.

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Around the Network

I'm starting to get pumped!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Ali_16x said:

Reading several of the other reviews, it seems that's a common theme. A major issue seems to be the fact you actually have to take time to explore, and the game doesn't hold your hand the whole time. What a hardship! 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DannyDesario said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Not saying I disagree with the average, but reviewers these days are either too lazy (as in biased) or too cowardly when it comes to JRPGs. They can have very complex systems and reviewers don't like that. You might very well end up liking these games more than any other game out there once you master the game design. The learning curve for some JRPGs can be high, but in many cases you'll never want to go back to another genre once you understand the mechanics well and are able to manipulate them to your benefit.

It's a battle well worth it and I'm relearning that from Type 0. I was put off by some things initially, but I actually turned in Fallout 4, then later got Type 0 and I haven't regretted the decision.

Not so white knight, not so.  Polygon have persona 4 a JRPG a 10 and Xenoblade X a 7.  The game looked less promising every trailer so I don't know why anyone would expect any less.  People just wanted it to be better than FFXV and got too caught up in the hype

Well it likely still will be better than FFXV. No game in development THAT long can be amazing or it wouldn't have needed to be a decade in the making. At best it will be good, and there's still the possibility it's another FF13 disappointment. 

Conegamer said:
Ali_16x said:

Reading several of the other reviews, it seems that's a common theme. A major issue seems to be the fact you actually have to take time to explore, and the game doesn't hold your hand the whole time. What a hardship! 

Yea.XCX will be a textbook example of an excellent game that gets(relativily) bashed because the reviewers were just bad at playing it, or reviewed a game, which genre they dont like(which appears to be many, by reading through some reviews).I just find it idiot about people complaining about exploration in a time and age that open world games are considered like a must have for every game.This game is a 90+ easily.Shame most reviewers dont see it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

HyrulianScrolls said:
DannyDesario said:

Not so white knight, not so.  Polygon have persona 4 a JRPG a 10 and Xenoblade X a 7.  The game looked less promising every trailer so I don't know why anyone would expect any less.  People just wanted it to be better than FFXV and got too caught up in the hype

Well it likely still will be better than FFXV. No game in development THAT long can be amazing or it wouldn't have needed to be a decade in the making. At best it will be good, and there's still the possibility it's another FF13 disappointment. 

Even play the FFXV Demo? It will be a great game, i enjoyed it a lot. Xenoblade has mixed reviews, so what? They are entiltled to there own opinion, deal with it.