By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

34? Really? Oh dear...

Having frequent cutscenes in a JRPG isn't a major surprise, Xenoblade had a lot too after all. But that's encouraging to me because it hints towards a solid story, which was something I was concerned about. As for the mechanics and concepts, gonna have to wait and see how much of a problem that is.

Still it's not an encouraging start.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I liked the long cutscenes in Xenosaga, as the game focused a lot on story, which is why I liked it so much.

Perhaps Famitsu are implying that the cutscenes are long and boring in XCX?
I hope not, because I expect a nice story from Monolith.

The 34/40 score isn't going to do it any favors though.

Who listens to Famitsu?

Train wreck said:
Um...You can't be considered GOTY with a score like that. You're up next Witcher 3.

I don't want to say I told them so but I told them so.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

6/10

World map too large to explore

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
alternine said:
Damn not good for XCX. Eh I always thought it looked a little overrated anyway.

Be prepared for the 10/10 scores on the west ;)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Nuvendil said:

A far better example would be the comparison of their Demon's Souls and FFXIII scores:  29 and 40 respectively.  Famitsu is not what I would cal consistent.

I think it's silly to complain about long cutscenes if you give MGS IV of all games a perfect score.

Depends on the quality of those cutscenes. All cutscenes are equal but some cutscenes are more equal than others.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Samus Aran said:

I think it's silly to complain about long cutscenes if you give MGS IV of all games a perfect score.

Depends on the quality of those cutscenes. All cutscenes are equal but some cutscenes are more equal than others.

MGS IV has a story you'd find in a C-rated movie.

In reality, no game should have longer cutscenes than actual gameplay.

Samus Aran said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

MGS IV has a story you'd find in a C-rated movie.

In reality, no game should have longer cutscenes than actual gameplay.

What if the cutscenes in X are that of a D-rated movie?

What score had Bloodborne?

Puzzles and Dragons for the GOTY XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.