By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

alternine said:
Damn not good for XCX. Eh I always thought it looked a little overrated anyway.

Taking Famitsu seriously was mistake #1, followed by 8.5 is a good score and i dont get the overrated part at all? Pls elaborate...

Around the Network

Dang all of their cons make me more excited for this game. It has the best of Xenogears/Xenosaga and Xenoblade in one package.

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
I bet it's rated lower because of the story.

NOPE!

-to play this enormous world and story you need time and effort

-the cutscene is too long so sometimes it feels like watching a movie

-the explanation for the world is good but too much cutscenes

-the tempo of dialogue is slow

-lack of explanations for game systems

So, it has bad pacing and bad writing. Those things would generally fall under story problems.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

NOPE!

-to play this enormous world and story you need time and effort

-the cutscene is too long so sometimes it feels like watching a movie

-the explanation for the world is good but too much cutscenes

-the tempo of dialogue is slow

-lack of explanations for game systems

So, it has bad pacing and bad writing. Those things would generally fall under story problems.

Where did they say the writing was bad? 

Essh, 34/40 is a lot lower than expected for me. I really hope it is just one of clickbait sorta reviews

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
So XCX didn't do well. No chance for goty. I am curious to see how witcher 3 performs.

Plsssssssss....... 8.5 =/= not doing well, and its famitsu. Can you wait intill real reviews come?

I love how it is all the Sony fans popping in trying to spin this into something worst than it is.

Warned - Leadified

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Spem has been asking if there is no story in this game for awhile, thats what i was pointing out :0

Cloudman said:
Samus Aran said:

http://kotaku.com/5012898/famitsu-gives-metal-gear-solid-4-perfect-score

These guys are idiots. I wish a Masters degree at university was required to write professional reviews lol.

Final Fantasy 13 - Perfect score. That is all...

Yes, everyone having a different opinion than yours is an idiot.

OT : I remember giving credit to famitsu, back in 2000. I even gave credit to individual reviews until 2008.

It shoudn't have any effect on sales and we should wait for more results. Also P&D score is surprising.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
tbone51 said:

Plsssssssss....... 8.5 =/= not doing well, and its famitsu. Can you wait intill real reviews come?

What is a real review ? Who gives real reviews then these days ?

Point taking. Tht said this review wont be on metacritic and many people find Famitsu to be worthless. Yes many people, not just Nintendo fans because of an 8.5 which is a good score.

and no im not "salty", i just find it funny how some people come out of there way to bash this game especially when its an "8.5" lol (this doesn't refer to you)