By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1377 (XCX/P&D Reviews)

sc94597 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

I have no doubt it will score well in the West but I just don't think it will score better than the competition. I don't see it scoring higher than Bloodborne or the other 2 competitors (MGSV/TW3).

Yep I see all of these games being pretty close 92-95. The Witcher 3 has potential to score very high if a lot of the "negatives" that console gamers experienced in the past (too complex and unintuitive controls) are fixed. For a PC gamer these aren't issues. MGSV should be similar to MGS4 94 +/- 2. Xenoblade Chronicles X should be similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 92 +/- 2. And we already know Bloodborne is a 93. 

Bloodborne is 92.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

Yep I see all of these games being pretty close 92-95. The Witcher 3 has potential to score very high if a lot of the "negatives" that console gamers experienced in the past (too complex and unintuitive controls) are fixed. For a PC gamer these aren't issues. MGSV should be similar to MGS4 94 +/- 2. Xenoblade Chronicles X should be similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 92 +/- 2. And we already know Bloodborne is a 93. 

Bloodborne is 92.

Dang, didn't realized it dropped. 

Samus Aran said:
BaldrSkies said:
Reasons XCX lost points:

Cutscenes are too long and numerous, game systems are not well explained.

http://kotaku.com/5012898/famitsu-gives-metal-gear-solid-4-perfect-score

These guys are idiots. I wish a Masters degree at university was required to write professional reviews lol.

Unfortunately, I'd say the problem is exactly that these reviewers probably have too much education in journalism.

ie; They write for hits

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lol the salt in this thread is over 9000 , it scored good yet people is still salty, you guys expected what? GOTY material ? Perfect score , now long cutscenes are ok again? humm

Why would that be unrealistic? The first Xenoblade Chronicles was one of the highest rated games of its year. 

How is that possible, a mediocre spin off AC = XCX?. Famitsu lost any credibility left.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s hard to predict. Anything between 88 - 95 is possible. And those are good scores. We´ll see. 

But last year the goty was not the best scored game anyway, bayo 2 and Smash were higher than DAI.

DAI scored lower but not by much (the PS4 version sits at 89). Also, DAI wasnt an exlusive so it missed out on scores from exclusive review outlets that have a tendacy to give really high scores for any 1st party titles.  It also had much more to offer in terms of content, and it actually had a good story. GOTYs are the whole package, not just a score. Xenoblade has stiff competition this year, so it really has to blow them out of the water and then some.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That´s hard to predict. Anything between 88 - 95 is possible. And those are good scores. We´ll see. 

But last year the goty was not the best scored game anyway, bayo 2 and Smash were higher than DAI.

DAI scored lower but not by much (the PS4 version sits at 89). Also, DAI wasnt an exlusive so it missed out on scores from exclusive review outlets that have a tendacy to give really high scores for any 1st party titles.  It also had much more to offer in terms of content, and it actually had a good story. GOTYs are the whole package, not just a score. Xenoblade has stiff competition this year, so it really has to blow them out of the water and then some.

You are wrong. DAI has an 85 on PC (best version) and 85 on XBO. The 89 of Ps4 is for the exclusive review outlets of ps4 related stuff.

XCX score lower than their XC score. I've had a feeling this title will score lower than Xenoblade. Just a strong feeling based on some of the random ass decisions the staff have made.

Train wreck said:
Um...You can't be considered GOTY with a score like that. You're up next Witcher 3.

Because of Famitsu? Pls dont....

spemanig said:
I bet it's rated lower because of the story.

NOPE!

-to play this enormous world and story you need time and effort

-the cutscene is too long so sometimes it feels like watching a movie

-the explanation for the world is good but too much cutscenes

-the tempo of dialogue is slow

-lack of explanations for game systems