By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My favourite game has been destroyed...

d21lewis said:
My daughter couldn't find the stylus for my original DS so she used an ink pen or something. Whatever it was, it scratched the fuck out of the screen. It sucked but I just bought another....which she also broke. So I bought another. Which she also broke.

It's just part of having kids.

Think we're also finding out how the DS sold so well XD

Worst I had was my late dad blowing up a Japanese Dreamcast by shoving 240 volts through it. At least it gave a satisfying BANG! and had the appropriate amount of smoke come out the back of it afterwards for comic value.

It was also very easy to fix due to the number of UK Dreamcasts I had lying around. I just switched the fried PSU for a UK one meaning no step down was needed anymore :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Digital is the best solution my friend, & i feel sorry for you.

If it really is your favorite game you should rebuy it. This is something you want to own physically.

Locknuts said:

Hi guys

Just turned my Wii U on to play some Bayonetta 2 and found that the disc wasn't in the drive. But Bayonetta 2 is always in the drive. Checked the case...nothing. Did some searching around the house and found it scratched to pieces. My heart sank. My 4 year old was apparently skating on it around the house yesterday afternoon. My wife thought it was just some old CD and although she had told my daughter to stop, she thought it was nothing of value and didn't really enforce it. Cleaned it up the best I could and tried it and of course it doesn't work. The scratches are too deep. It has actual chunks taken out of the data side. 

I'm pretty bummed. Kind of feels like I did when I was a kid and my remote controlled car got smashed by some obnoxious kid. I know I'm a grown ass man, but I can't help it. I'm going digital for everything from now on. 

I'll get over it but this happened literally 10 minutes ago. Figured you guys might understand.

Peace

I feel sorry for you man.

But going digital will not solve anything.

What will you do when your kid destroys the Wii U or something? EDIT: When I was young, my little sister spilled orange soda all over our Gamecube and killed it. No idea how it happened but it did.

It's just easier if after you use it, always put the games/cases somewhere where your daughter can't get to.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

What if your wife was jealous of your playtime with Bayonetta and not only did she ejected the disc but she also handed it to your child?

Around the Network

i feel the OP, if you have children put it out of reach. I was one of those who loved the CD games in the CD case but since my kids learned to crawl and open CD cases. I have a few CDs with scratches and it is hard to replace the original ones. So i've opted to use those CD logic where you can put all those 50-100+ CDs. and put it on top of the shelf.

just to add, the cons on going digital is that if the issue is the console itself, or you are going to buy a new hardware, you may need to re-download everything.  Unless you have the downloads on a separate HD.  

....... did you get the 1 year warranty? i'm sorry. I couldn't resist. that's my bad.

you were lucky when compare to my friend wondering why his PS3 slim not working, after sent for repair then realize there is 5 power rangers dvd in his PS3 which was slot in by his son... 

I know that feel, bro. My nephew deleted my Terraria file that I had been playang on and off for 2 years. To add insult to injury he denied that he did it.

I hear your pain dude! My 4 year old has destroyed 3 of my games trying to take them out of the case. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze( snapped it in half), Wonderful 101, and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker( both cracked) were the games.
I will not go digital though just gave him some nice discipline and put the games away up and hidden for a month and that worked he no longer touches the games