By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My favourite game has been destroyed...

tak13 said:
Mummelmann said:
The glory of digital media. And having no kids...

Nah, I feel you man, my little sister used to "borrow" my CD's and DVD's, ruined them every time. And I stopped lending games to friends over a decade ago; most people seem not to care about their stuff and around here the philosophy seems to be "we can always get new stuff".

Hahahaahahaahahahaah!You think that an accident with digital media is unfeasible dear?Think it a little bit better. ;) :P

how? youd have to try really hard to get rid of digital media. what is someone going to do? throw the hard drive in the water? and at least with other consoles, idk about wii u you can redownload it somewhere else lol

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

That's really sad to know :( even with all the dangers of the real world I still enjoy having all my games in physical form whenever I can.

I feel sorry for u... Btw, don't live the game in the console, decalibrates the lens...

well sorry for you man, hope you've learned your lesson not to keep these things where children can reach them. I learned that when I was a child lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Aren't the WiiU disks supposed to have a scratch resistant layer? Obviously it isn't a 4 year old resistant layer.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I made the mistake of letting a friend with a young child borrow Ikaruga on the Gamecube years ago to find when it was returned the disc had been used as a toy by the young one and ruined it. This of course led to an argument about paying for the game that was never resolved and never lent him anything ever again.

So, when people ask if they borrow a game I hate to be mean but I now request they agree if they break the game they have to buy me a new copy of it. Fortunately my current friends take care of games and never had an issue.

Nintendo will be very grateful if you buy the game again

Disown the child!

i feel your pain the something similar happened with smash bros Wii u...the one game i decided to get physical ..somehow he forced a nickel into the Wii u while the game was still in there and the game hasn't worked since

Locknuts said:

Hi guys

Just turned my Wii U on to play some Bayonetta 2 and found that the disc wasn't in the drive. But Bayonetta 2 is always in the drive. Checked the case...nothing. Did some searching around the house and found it scratched to pieces. My heart sank. My 4 year old was apparently skating on it around the house yesterday afternoon. My wife thought it was just some old CD and although she had told my daughter to stop, she thought it was nothing of value and didn't really enforce it. Cleaned it up the best I could and tried it and of course it doesn't work. The scratches are too deep. It has actual chunks taken out of the data side. 

I'm pretty bummed. Kind of feels like I did when I was a kid and my remote controlled car got smashed by some obnoxious kid. I know I'm a grown ass man, but I can't help it. I'm going digital for everything from now on. 

I'll get over it but this happened literally 10 minutes ago. Figured you guys might understand.

Peace

You are a "grown ass man" get a new version of it.

I have never understood this "grown ass man" comment. It makes it sound so less likely cause it sounds like something a 14 year old would say :p. I usually just go with my age, or adult or something along those lines lol.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.