By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My favourite game has been destroyed...

This is why I want digital

Around the Network

having a 4 year old and a 2 year old I chucked when I read this.

Nothing is sacred in a home with little kids : ).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

The glory of digital media. And having no kids...

Nah, I feel you man, my little sister used to "borrow" my CD's and DVD's, ruined them every time. And I stopped lending games to friends over a decade ago; most people seem not to care about their stuff and around here the philosophy seems to be "we can always get new stuff".

Mummelmann said:

Nah, I feel you man, my little sister used to "borrow" my CD's and DVD's, ruined them every time. And I stopped lending games to friends over a decade ago; most people seem not to care about their stuff and around here the philosophy seems to be "we can always get new stuff".

Hahahaahahaahahahaah!You think that an accident with digital media is unfeasible dear?Think it a little bit better. ;) :P

ReimTime said:
One of my old Playstation Underground demo discs got taped to our mailbox as a reflector :(
Used to live on a rural road and the snowplow kept knocking it over

The joys of European psone games o/ 

As for the OP do check the back of your booklet to see if there is information there regarding how you don't own the software but have a licence to use it, normally that includes some information about not making copies of the software but how you can go about getting it replaced if the disk is damaged.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I fell for you man.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

tak13 said:
Mummelmann said:

Hahahaahahaahahahaah!You think that an accident with digital media is unfeasible dear?Think it a little bit better. ;) :P

If my PC goes to hell; I can just download the games on a new one on a super fast connection.

I know the feeling. My little brother tried to put Conker's Bad Fur Day in our toaster once. It was a good thing it wasn't on and it couldn't fit.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

"I'm going digital for everything from now on."

This is the first thing I thought of when I read the title. Go digital.

Locknuts said:

Hi guys

Just turned my Wii U on to play some Bayonetta 2 and found that the disc wasn't in the drive. But Bayonetta 2 is always in the drive. Checked the case...nothing. Did some searching around the house and found it scratched to pieces. My heart sank. My 4 year old was apparently skating on it around the house yesterday afternoon. My wife thought it was just some old CD and although she had told my daughter to stop, she thought it was nothing of value and didn't really enforce it. Cleaned it up the best I could and tried it and of course it doesn't work. The scratches are too deep. It has actual chunks taken out of the data side. 

I'm pretty bummed. Kind of feels like I did when I was a kid and my remote controlled car got smashed by some obnoxious kid. I know I'm a grown ass man, but I can't help it. I'm going digital for everything from now on. 

I'll get over it but this happened literally 10 minutes ago. Figured you guys might understand.

Peace

just buy a new copy.  It should be quite cheap right now.   I would recommend to stay with physical copies, unless you are unable to find a physical copy of the game.