By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Humanity desperately needs a new religion

Humanity needs to eliminate religious opium so that we can make people more aware of reality and less apologist toward oppressors.

Around the Network

Don't worry once we find other species living out on different planets some wacko will come up with some new Universe god that fertilises certain planets with intellegent life throughout the universe.

What we need is to be more empathetic and compassionate, that's about it.

Ka-pi96 said:

Saudi Arabia and some of the other oil rich countries (UAE would be higher) would be around the same place as Kuwait. Although they are a bit irregular as they have some mega rich people but also a lot of poor people. I'd expect you'd find a much lower religiosity level in places like Dubai than you would out in smaller poorer towns and villages.

Also, China would actually have very low GDP here. This is GDP per capita, so China's huge population would screw them over. They would be at a similar level to Ukraine or Bulgaria.

Oh yeah this graph is per capita. I missed that part. :/

the world as a whole is heading slowly but surely to one world religion... the true version of the bastardised version that they worshiped in germany in the 40s under hitler... the worship of human, the generative force, the penis, the obelisk, the light, lucifer

its why the washington monument is a giant penis and also why there's a giant penis at the vatican

its what first portion of the movie 2001 a space odessy was about

the apes which represent early man live simple lives in harmony with their surroundings then they come into contact with a giant obelisk which grants them intelligence allowing them to dominate their environment

this scene was an analogy describing the core idea of the religion everyone will worship with time

conventional religion will be destroyed as well as atheism

...at this very moment we are witnessing the destruction of islam and christianity is waning in influence rapidly.... with time people will display outright contempt with regards to both 

btw i acknowledge that i sound like a crazy person rambling on and on about retarded shit but it is what it is... soon you will be worshipping a giant penis

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

A common opinion in our secular society is that religious influence hinders progression. It is said that humanity is held back by superstitions and unfounded values, resulting in delayed scientific advancements while paving the way for discrimination and bigotry.

On first glance this may seem like a perfectly reasonable argument to make. After all, excerpts from the Old Testament clearly condemn homosexual acts and have been used through the ages to justify discrimination of homosexual individuals while there has been numerous cases of religious groups and societies destroying scientific works, deeming it blasphemous. At this point, however, there are two things that need to be considered:

1. These are isolated occurrences. The only thing that has been proven is that religion can be detrimental to societal progression.

2. The alternative to religion is even worse.

So what is this alternative? Just plain atheism? No, this issue runs far deeper than that.

In spite of all the bad things that religion has caused, there is one thing that it did absolutely right: It kept the human population in check, preventing it from fully expressing itself the way it desired. Today, when religion is largely seen as something that you leave at home when going to work, the dire consequences of our recent liberation are becoming increasingly apparent:

- People today are more entitled than ever before. They watch movies and listen to music for free, oftentimes illegally, then shamelessly go on to criticize its content on the internet. The youth has no problem asking their parents for new smarthphones and tablets every year, even if they are in a frail financial situation. Ungratefulness and poor manners spread like a disease as all responsibility is shifted towards someone else, oftentimes a politician or caretaker.

- Popular culture is more intellectually toxic than ever before. People have no second thoughts about idolizing even the most dimwitted celebrities; claiming to reward their "open-mindedness". Repetitive, vulgar songs regularly reach the top in terms of revenue and recognition. Simple, cheap video games are favored by the masses over games with extensive lore and great thought behind its music and gameplay concept.  What was previously known as "art" is gradually replaced with uninspired, provocative works as interest in true art fades away. And the list goes on and on.

- Critical thinking is overlooked. Instead, in a truly animalistic fashion, the loudest voice is the one that holds the most authority. Namely, the person who receives the most likes on youtube/facebook, the person with the most followers on twitter and the person whose reviews has the most readers. Popularity declares whether your word holds any value, rather than the word's content itself.

Needless to say, it has never been more apparent that freedom as we know it is severely overrated. When people have no god to look up to, they worship themselves and their own ideals in its place regardless of how destructive those ideals may be to the growth of our species.

As a non-believer myself I don't know how exactly this new religion should be formed or what beliefs it should entail. All I know is that the liberty that the people of today has obtained is unbridled and needs to be restrained as soon as possible if we are to solve this issue. Otherwise, the human population may never be humble again.

This is horribly illogical.

1. is put forth as though prima facie true. (hint: nope)

2. seems to be built from a fallacy of equivocation. The equivocation being *current society* and *religionless society* which clearly is completely untrue. 

The entitlement for instance is a CENTRAL PRINCIPLE of religion. My goodness, man! How have you missed this rather obvious fact? I'm special because I'm Christian so I'm going to my magical special happy place to be with the masterful creator of the Universe.

Suffice it to say that you have missed the boat on this one, hell you've missed the body of water. This is a vacuous enterprise born from lack of foresight.

Scientology is a fairly new religion, and I do not think that has made anything better.
Religion is inherently corrupted. People use it as an excuse to wage war, because their religion, for whatever reason, is the true religion and everyone else follows a false doctrine.

It is used to establish a hierarchy.
If people accept that something has control over their lives, they accept to discard their freedoms to those who speak on behalf of their religion. Those who probably know, just as much as they do, these people just so happen to step up to the plate at the right time and therefore are of some sort of religious spectator for others to follow.

People should not be controlled. They need to stand in unison and walk beside each other. Not blindly follow someone with a huge ego.

Morality can still be a thing without religion. Society needs a mutual understanding, otherwise communities would slaughter each other, and this would incite chaos.
People know not to do these things without the need of religion. Religion just makes people excuse themselves of misdeeds, because if they believe in their religion, they will be forgiven by their leader.

Religion is not the only cause for such things, however I do not want to get into an essay about why the world is currently the way it is. 

I lost you when you mixed morality in with religious views. They are not dependent of one another.

Humanity despearately needs to erase each and every religion. those things are only harmfull to society. I understand that when people where ignorant, it was natural to come up with such fantasies, but they have no place in the modern world.

Praise be to Yevon

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick