By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict Splatoon sales first week.

How much will sell Splatoon first week?

100,000 or less BOMBED 128 13.05%

150,000 - 200,000 195 19.88%

250,000 - 300,000 171 17.43%

300,000 - 350,000 133 13.56%

400,000 - 450,000 113 11.52%

500,000 - 550,000 93 9.48%

600,000 - 650,000 26 2.65%

700,000 - 750,000 14 1.43%

Above 750k SUCCES!!! 106 10.81%

Total:979
Espio74 said:

It wont be over 250k, reasons
1. Low install base for the wii u
2. New IP, not mario
3. A shooter (albeit cartoony) rarely does well on nintendo platforms
4. Arsenal
5. Focus on multiplayer( on a nintendo system?), and no voice chat

1. Not a problem for Splatoon imo. Its not going to do 5mil, but it can do 2mil+

2. True, but you be suprised, some new ip actually go on doing well.

3. I never see this type of game on Nintendo platforms befor?

4. What? Srry?!!!!

5. Ummm... Multiplayer is Nintendo's specialty! Also Voice Chat is an invalid answer. MK8/SSB (both dont use when playing a race/match

Around the Network

Actually binary solo, where is your prediction? Cant criticise without an actually prediction (all regions)

US: 200

EU: 110

JP: 60

WW: 395

DolPhanTendo said:
binary solo said:
Majority has gone for under 300K.

For those predicting over 500K, what 100% totally brand new IP has launched at over 500K on Wii U so far? Only 20 games from the entire Wii U library have done over 500K LTD so far, according to VGC. As far as I can tell the only 100% new IP that is over 500K LTD is ZombiU.

Chances are Splatoon may struggle to get 500K LTD.

Lol at the 500k Struggle I wish only NINTENDO fans could vote on this. It's sad how some just hate for no reason. This guy will also be the first to say "well with barely anything released and no third parties of coarse it's selling, NINTENDO owners have nothing to buy". 

Why? Because Nintendo fans would vote based on hope and wishes rather than looking at empirical information? I'm basing my views on software sales on Wii U to date, according to VGC because I have nothing better to go on. Fact is, aside from ZombiU there is no brand new IP on Wii U that has sold above 500K, according to VGC. If there is a benchmark against which Splatoon should be measured it's The Wonderful 101.

I see you don't even bother answering the question I pose, rather you content yourself with throwing out unfounded accusations, and putting words on my keyboard I've never written. Where is your evidence of my irrational hate and making excuses for games selling better than I predicted? When it comes to predicting sales for Wii U games I've been pretty close to how things have turned out most of the time, because I try to be analytical about things rather than be lead by my emotions or my hopes and wishes. You think I want Splatoon to fail. I'm just trying to read WiiU's reality and predict how things will go. If how I read things isn't to your liking suddenly it's because I am hating for no reason. What are you going to say if what I've suggested comes close to being true? Are you going to write me an apology?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Espio74 said:

It wont be over 250k, reasons
1. Low install base for the wii u
2. New IP, not mario
3. A shooter (albeit cartoony) rarely does well on nintendo platforms
4. Arsenal
5. Focus on multiplayer( on a nintendo system?), and no voice chat

I can understand some of these reasons, but...

4. What does this mean?

5. You do know that top 7 best-selling games on the Wii U focus on multiplayer, right?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
binary solo said:
DolPhanTendo said:
binary solo said:

Why? Because Nintendo fans would vote based on hope and wishes rather than looking at empirical information? I'm basing my views on software sales on Wii U to date, according to VGC because I have nothing better to go on. Fact is, aside from ZombiU there is no brand new IP on Wii U that has sold above 500K, according to VGC. If there is a benchmark against which Splatoon should be measured it's The Wonderful 101.

I see you don't even bother answering the question I pose, rather you content yourself with throwing out unfounded accusations, and putting words on my keyboard I've never written. Where is your evidence of my irrational hate and making excuses for games selling better than I predicted? When it comes to predicting sales for Wii U games I've been pretty close to how things have turned out most of the time, because I try to be analytical about things rather than be lead by my emotions or my hopes and wishes. You think I want Splatoon to fail. I'm just trying to read WiiU's reality and predict how things will go. If how I read things isn't to your liking suddenly it's because I am hating for no reason. What are you going to say if what I've suggested comes close to being true? Are you going to write me an apology?

Can you pls just predict US/Japan/Europe and WW #s pls? So We can add it to the OP

EU 40K
Japan 50K
US 60K
WW 175k
LT 2.5 million

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Global: 221k

North America: 85k
Europe: 61k
Japan 49k
Rest of the World: 26k

I know some of you are nintendo fans and want the game to do well but be realistic, above 500k first week isn't going to happen. Don't let Bias affect your predictions.

WW: 320k
US: 140k
EU: 95k
JP: 55k

is "not good" an option? lol. i don't know, probably 1/10th mario kart 1st week sales.