By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first experience with the wii u!

kinisking said:
Mnementh said:
kinisking said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Great to hear you're enjoying it!

While I rarely use items in Smash, I do agree that some items like the POW Block, Gust Bellows, and Beetle are pretty ridiculous.

i never used items in melee unless it was the hammer lol. i might have to start using more now. and i noticed your shulk avatar. I really like the way he plays haha

You can cchange the item drop rate (even playing without them) or disabling some items you dislike.

Can you also do that playing online?

Good question, I had to look it up. Answer is: yes. If you're hosting the game you can choose 'Time' at the top and get a menu to change some rules. At the bottom of that screen another button is title item-options (or so, I have the german version). There you can change the things.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Nice to hear your experiences!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

kinisking said:
Ultrashroomz said:
Great to hear you're enjoying it!

While I rarely use items in Smash, I do agree that some items like the POW Block, Gust Bellows, and Beetle are pretty ridiculous.

i never used items in melee unless it was the hammer lol. i might have to start using more now. and i noticed your shulk avatar. I really like the way he plays haha

Yeah, Shulk is my main in Smash Wii U, haha. 

He's a great character, if I do say so myself.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

So the big question is....after your experience are you tempted to pick one up??? :)

Get one this christmas when xcx comes out
then you will see wii u in full force.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Glad you enjoyed it. The Wii U is a fun little console with some great games. Too bad it's not doing so well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

kinisking said:

The bad :The items in smash u seem over powered in comparison to melee and 64 ( never played brawl) though. Having the bat and the hammer was good enough for strong items imo but now i feel like its to many. This might be due to me being unfamiliar with the items however, or im just forgetting how useful the items were in melee because its been so long.

Your compaint isn't about the console though. That is about the game. You should clarify this.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Interesting. I had an odd sensation when first using my Wii U a few weeks ago. The entire time I've been feeling like there's something I'm missing about the console/tablet controller.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Paatar said:
kinisking said:

The bad :The items in smash u seem over powered in comparison to melee and 64 ( never played brawl) though. Having the bat and the hammer was good enough for strong items imo but now i feel like its to many. This might be due to me being unfamiliar with the items however, or im just forgetting how useful the items were in melee because its been so long.

Your compaint isn't about the console though. That is about the game. You should clarify this.

I'm talking about my experience with the wii u. The good and the bad of it. Not just the console 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

zippy said:
So the big question is....after your experience are you tempted to pick one up??? :)

Totally. Getting on either this summer or holiday 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion