By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My first experience with the wii u!

Edit: this was on my friends console lol

The good: 

Mario kart is even better looking in real life. Just wow! Had a lot of fun with it.

Smash is also incredibly fun. Had a huge line up of characters. 

The pro controller is pretty darn comfortable!

Tablet is also pretty comfy.

The bad :The items in smash u seem over powered in comparison to melee and 64 ( never played brawl) though. Having the bat and the hammer was good enough for strong items imo but now i feel like its to many. This might be due to me being unfamiliar with the items however, or im just forgetting how useful the items were in melee because its been so long.

Although the tablet is pretty comfy the handles are whatever they are on the back is rather annoying. When i try to grip them like a regular grip its just awkward (maybe its just me lol). so i prefer just keeping the rest of my hand flat on the back.

So yeah there isnt much thats bad. Really enjoyed it and think its a great console!

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
It's good that you're enjoying it.

And yeah, Mario Kart really is tonnes of fun

it sure is, still prefer smash :p

Great to hear you're enjoying it!

While I rarely use items in Smash, I do agree that some items like the POW Block, Gust Bellows, and Beetle are pretty ridiculous.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:

While I rarely use items in Smash, I do agree that some items like the POW Block, Gust Bellows, and Beetle are pretty ridiculous.

i never used items in melee unless it was the hammer lol. i might have to start using more now. and i noticed your shulk avatar. I really like the way he plays haha

kinisking said:

Looks like someone needs to buy one 😜😜😜

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
kinisking said:

Looks like someone needs to buy one 😜😜😜

ive always planned on it lol,  but ive never actually tried it out until now! 

Ka-pi96 said:
kinisking said:

:o you never bought one? You tricked us all

yeah i realized I forgot to put that in there when i read your comment xD

kinisking said:
Ultrashroomz said:

i never used items in melee unless it was the hammer lol. i might have to start using more now. and i noticed your shulk avatar. I really like the way he plays haha

You can cchange the item drop rate (even playing without them) or disabling some items you dislike.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
kinisking said:
Ultrashroomz said:

You can cchange the item drop rate (even playing without them) or disabling some items you dislike.

Can you also do that playing online?

Glad you enjoyed it! The pro controller is great. :D