By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sony Got The Margeting Rights To Star Wars: Battlefront?

TheGoldenBoy said:
Aura7541 said:

I also found this. I'm not sure if this is official or fan-made though

EDIT: Picture is not showing, I'll just leave the link here.

It's in the OP. It's from the Official Brazillian PS twitter.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Around the Network

That wouldn't make sense, especially given that XB users will be getting to play the game a week early which means MS will most likely be advertising the fact that they have a week for their players secured, not marketing that deal they made with EA would be pretty stupid and wasted money.

Can't say I'm fond of the marketing rights between the two this gen since every vid on either side only retains their platform and won't tell you what else it's coming out for in order to fool those who don't know what other platforms the game comes out on, I've seen quite a few people for every markjeting vid on either channel asking what other platforms the games come out on, that's how annoying it can be for some with selective/deceptive marketing.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Two pictures from Playstation Instagram:

Image 1
Image 2

Who cares about being able to play early, getting marketing for this game will be HUGE and best part is its coming out in november! The marketing for this game will be crazy since it will be star wars fever like not seen in many years. SHowing the game in cinemas before the movie begins and showing the glorious playstation logo will push ps4s like destiny. 

shikamaru317 said:

Seems a little strange, since Xbox fans get to play it early if they have EA Access. But MS is likely to have the Black Ops 3 marketing and timed DLC deal, so it would make sense for Sony to get the marketing rights to the other big multiplayer FPS that's releasing the same month.

You could play BF Hardline on EA Access before it came out and Sony had the marketing deal to that.

OT: A new Battlefront coming out around the same time as the new movie is going to be huge. Having a marketing deal and a Star Wars bundle is going to move a lot of PS4s. I'm kind of surprised Microsoft lost this one considering how 'buddy buddy' they've been with EA.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The Official Brazilian Playstation Twitter account posted this:

Can anyone read Brazilian?

There's no such thing as Brazilian as a language. In Brazil they speak Portuguese. 

It says: let the force be with you. Playstation will bring the news from #startwarscelebration.

Having the marketing rights, don't necessary means any deal other then the ability of features the game in Ads.

Also... Title has an error.

A language is a dialect with an army and navy

For example there is less difference between Serbian and Croatian (which are considered seperate languages) than between Dutch and Flemish (which is considered a dialect).

Brazilian Portugese has notable differences, more than Serbian and Croatian at least. Also a lot more than between Dutch and Flemish.

Fusioncode said:

You could play BF Hardline on EA Access before it came out and Sony had the marketing deal to that.

OT: A new Battlefront coming out around the same time as the new movie is going to be huge. Having a marketing deal and a Star Wars bundle is going to move a lot of PS4s. I'm kind of surprised Microsoft lost this one considering how 'buddy buddy' they've been with EA.

I think the reason why EA and MS were "buddy buddy" is because based on past performance, EA thought the XBO would do better than it is doing now. However, the PS4 has a commanding lead worldwide and is ahead in the US, as well, which likely surprised EA.

According to Kagari, yes!

gooch_destroyer said:
According to Kagari, yes!

Now hopefully Sony will do a Star Wars themed bundle.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023