By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have Sony Got The Margeting Rights To Star Wars: Battlefront?

I don't think its that fishy.

Its in EA's best interest to have a marketing deal with the clear market leader, equally sony will gain a lot from this the same way they did from Destiny.

In regards to EA accesss, its a service people are paying for right? EA's priority should be to deliver to those paying customers. To me it has nothing to do with any marketing deal or future DLC etc.

Around the Network

maybe SONY PR made a mistake? or EA and M allow it?

teigaga said:

Its in EA's best interest to have a marketing deal with the clear market leader, equally sony will gain a lot from this the same way they did from Destiny.

In regards to EA accesss, its a service people are paying for right? EA's priority should be to deliver to those paying customers. To me it has nothing to do with any marketing deal or future DLC etc.

yeah but with a sony markting deal they cant adv that you can play the game a week earlier with ea access since its only on xbox 

Azerth said:
teigaga said:

yeah but with a sony markting deal they cant adv that you can play the game a week earlier with ea access since its only on xbox 

I'm sure microsoft will market it for them through Xbox only channels like live/twitter lol. I don't see it as a big deal, marketing EA access is second priority to marketing their actual game to the biggest possible audience. 

This is EA, guys: expect no loyalty and pimping out games for top dollar.

Around the Network

Sony should do a deal with EA to at least get EA early access on PS4. Perhaps if you have a PSN+ sub you can get EA Early Access and Sony will throw EA $0.10 for each account that uses early access for a game.

I happen to agree with Sony that the full monty EA Access doesn't represent good value for PS given Sony has PSN+ and PS Now aspirations, EA Access is crowding the PSN market for subscription based game access.

That is an interesting tweet, but It might be nothing more than Sony trying to add to the hype. It does suggest MS doesn't have exclusive marketing rights, because Sony doing something like this would violate an exclusive deal.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GribbleGrunger said:

OP please update, we have another prove :

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/04/16/official-star-wars-battlefront-website-open-hides-fantastic-screenshot-and-key-artwork-showing-vehicles/

https://twitter.com/OPM_UK/status/588803479780663296/photo/1

I also found this. I'm not sure if this is official or fan-made though

EDIT: Picture is not showing, I'll just leave the link here.

Aura7541 said:

I also found this. I'm not sure if this is official or fan-made though

EDIT: Picture is not showing, I'll just leave the link here.

It's in the OP. It's from the Official Brazillian PS twitter.