By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony domination begins....?

twesterm said:

I wish people would realize one or two games won't suddenly boost a console sells and pull it out of any kind of slump or whatever.  Not saying the PS3 is in a slump, I'm just saying MGS4 isn't suddenly going t oboost sales by 10 million.

Want proof?  Look at the Gamecube.

Want proof look at the ps1 when FF VII was released.

mM
Around the Network
Legend11 said:
In my opinion you can't be dominating and still be in last place. And the last time I looked the PS3 is still in last place in installed base.

Though it is dominating in terms of current sales, its not sony's fault microsoft decided to release there nex gen console 13 months before the PS3 was launched in NA, and japan. And about 17 months before it was released in europe and OTHER territories.

The past 3 months have gone to the console which is currently higher priced. With only but 4 AAA titles 2 of which are multiplatform, and 2 of which are exclusive. I say if the PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360 in every single region, that is something to look at. If ps3 were at that $279.99 price the 360 arcade is, I would say blu-ray alone would have smashed the 360.

mM
leo-j said:
twesterm said:

I wish people would realize one or two games won't suddenly boost a console sells and pull it out of any kind of slump or whatever. Not saying the PS3 is in a slump, I'm just saying MGS4 isn't suddenly going t oboost sales by 10 million.

Want proof? Look at the Gamecube.

Want proof look at the ps1 when FF VII was released.

FFVII + a good library.  Also, you can't assume every game will be a fluke.

When lets just say MGS4, the PS3 is going to have MGS4 and still a mediocre library.

tombi123 said:
Will the PS3 beat the,

360: gauranteed

Wii: most likely
Fixed.

Username2324 said:
tombi123 said:
Will the PS3 beat the,

360: gauranteed

Wii: most likely
Fixed.

lolz true say

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

Around the Network
disolitude said:
krik said:
Sony domination began in December 3, 1994, when they launched the PXS in Japan. LOL

This is true...so...

Sony domination -

Dec 3, 1994 - Nov 22 2006

RIP!

Haha, I see what you did there ;)

But you're wrong, look at this data:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 08th Mar 2008:

ConsoleWiiPS3X360PS2
Total

PS2+PS3 = 3,126,100

PlayStation consoles (PS2+PS3) > Wii > X360

or

Wii > PS3 > PS2 > 360

PS: it's really sad but the 360 can't even beat the PS2... lol

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Do these threads have to be started once a week?
Pretty soon we'll get one,
"PS3 outsells 360 15 weeks in a row!!11!", and so on

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I wouldn't say FFVII carried the PS to success. I would however say that the original Super Mario Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tetris, and Wii Sports played a huge part in the success of the systems they were packed in with.

I'm just gonna put a flat out never on the Wii, maybe on the 360 if Sony stops raping their fan's wallets.

twesterm said:
Griffin said:
twesterm said:

I wish people would realize one or two games won't suddenly boost a console sells and pull it out of any kind of slump or whatever. Not saying the PS3 is in a slump, I'm just saying MGS4 isn't suddenly going t oboost sales by 10 million.

Want proof? Look at the Gamecube.

You can't compare the PS3 to the GC. The market has changed too much, the PS3 sales will blow the GC away. The GC also had a very bad Zelda in the wind waker, and a bad Mario game. The GC also had very front heavy sales, while the PS3 sales will continue to get stronger.

Um...are you talking about this Mario game and this Zelda game that both average well over 90%? Try playing the games before criticizing them just listening to what other people said.

Like I said, a game or two alone won't carry a system. If a few good games could carry a system then the GC would have sold much better (and possibly better than the PS2) since it had most of the top games last gen.

It can and it is, without Wii Sports the Wii would be in last place right now.