By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony domination begins....?

twesterm said:

I wish people would realize one or two games won't suddenly boost a console sells and pull it out of any kind of slump or whatever. Not saying the PS3 is in a slump, I'm just saying MGS4 isn't suddenly going t oboost sales by 10 million.

Want proof? Look at the Gamecube.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. All it takes is one game to carry a system. The Playstation 3 just doesn't have any games like that, and it never will get a game like that. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I wish people would realize one or two games won't suddenly boost a console sells and pull it out of any kind of slump or whatever.  Not saying the PS3 is in a slump, I'm just saying MGS4 isn't suddenly going t oboost sales by 10 million.

Want proof?  Look at the Gamecube.

You can't compare the PS3 to the GC.  The market has changed too much, the PS3 sales will blow the GC away.  The GC also had a very bad Zelda in the wind waker, and a bad Mario game. The GC also had very front heavy sales, while the PS3 sales will continue to get stronger.

I didn't know GC had a mario game.... wow.

Wait until we see the American numbers...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

PooperScooper said:
I didn't know GC had a mario game.... wow.

Most people prefer to forget the existence of That Mario Game Which Shall Not Be Named.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Griffin said:
twesterm said:

I wish people would realize one or two games won't suddenly boost a console sells and pull it out of any kind of slump or whatever. Not saying the PS3 is in a slump, I'm just saying MGS4 isn't suddenly going t oboost sales by 10 million.

You can't compare the PS3 to the GC. The market has changed too much, the PS3 sales will blow the GC away. The GC also had a very bad Zelda in the wind waker, and a bad Mario game. The GC also had very front heavy sales, while the PS3 sales will continue to get stronger.

Um...are you talking about this Mario game and this Zelda game that both average well over 90%? Try playing the games before criticizing them just listening to what other people said.

Like I said, a game or two alone won't carry a system. If a few good games could carry a system then the GC would have sold much better (and possibly better than the PS2) since it had most of the top games last gen.

In my opinion you can't be dominating and still be in last place. And the last time I looked the PS3 is still in last place in installed base.

Sony domination began in December 3, 1994, when they launched the PXS in Japan. LOL

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Riot Of The Blood said:
twesterm said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. All it takes is one game to carry a system. The Playstation 3 just doesn't have any games like that, and it never will get a game like that.

LOL. I don't think anyone expected a conclusion like that when they started reading your statement.

One game used to be able to carry the system. Final fantasy 7 for ps1 pulled it ahead of the saturn in japan. But today its not possible. Even if GTA4 was a PS3 exclusive on top of FF13 and MGS4, it wouldnt help it catch up to wii...But then it would eat the 360 for lunch as most xbox players are the GTA types of gamers.

krik said:
Sony domination began in December 3, 1994, when they launched the PXS in Japan. LOL

This is true...so...

Sony domination -

Dec 3, 1994 - Nov 22 2006

RIP!