By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My firend stole 4 of my amiibos UPDATE 1.0

Caleones said:

I think it is time for you to sit down with your wife and talk to her.  I fear amiibo and games might not be the only thing that he took away from you.

He took his mojo.

Around the Network
Redgrave said:
ReimTime said:

.....establish dominance amongst the neighborhood pigeons by building a fortress nest in his rain gutter and then.....

...Give his father a rimjob in exchange for embarrassing and personal information...

...and use the pigeons to carry that information to all his relatives, coworkers, friends and acquaintances. And then...

Tootylicious said:
I want to know how this ends, please keep us updated.

Maybe he's a drug addict or in debt and desperately needs to turn something into money.
You've ever been at his house?

Also, is he your "best friend" or just your best "friend"?

i would say closer to a best friend. he is kind of a secretive guy who doesnt communicate very well, but we have suspected that he had a problem with meth for a short time (when he took the wii from those guys). we are sure he isnt doing it anymore because it was kind of obvious he was on something back then. 

when he is confronted with confrontation, he always hides and doesnt answer his phone for weeks until everyone "forgets" whatever messed up thing he has done. i guess i really dont know why any of us put up with it. he does this to all his friends. 

my wife send him this text last night:

"people always say that the best way to get over addictions and issues is to admit that there is a problem in the first place

chav, it is obvious that you have a problem, and we feel like the only way for you to begin fixing your problem is to start admitting it. you have been able to sneak by without ever admitting what you do but it's time for you to face it so that your life and relationships can be more healthy. 

we know that you stole a mario game a little while ago and now 4 amiibos are missing.

unfortunately, you are not welcome to our house until you admit and restore the items that you have taken. we understand that it might be uncomfortable for you to address the issue head on but we know the truth anyway and it would please us to see you handle it respectfully.

do whatever feels most comfortable for you, whether you want to give us the items back directly or on the porch, but we need you to admit you stole from us before we can feel comfortable allowing you into our home again. 

we love you and we hope you do not hide from the truth so we can hang out with you again as soon as possible :)"

LemonSlice said:
Redgrave said:

...Give his father a rimjob in exchange for embarrassing and personal information...

...and use the pigeons to carry that information to all his relatives, coworkers, friends and acquaintances. And then...

.......The pigeons take a wrong turn at Albequerque and end up at ISIS headquarters. All ISIS members contract bird flu and die. RubberWhistleHistle becomes known worldwide as the ruthless Don of the Pigeon Mafia.....

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Thieves never change, once a thief always a thief. Fact is he did it to a friend of yours that you yourself confirmed... TBH its pretty dumb of you to even have him over to your house again... especially unsupervised enough to have the time to steal something.

With that being said, yeah he might have a problem... not like a clepto problem, but if the dude has a job and is still stealing things to sell them... well its more than likely drugs or gambling. You might want to help your friend, you might have tried, but you cant change someone who doesn't want to change. Aside from that if it is a drug problem, one of the first things they teach you in rehab is to cut all former ties... so even if you help him you're relationship is going to end.

Ditch this clown and find a friend who isn't a thief.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network

This can only be solved with violence , but 4 amibos and one video game doesn't deserve it.
If he was in need of money he should ask you, just don't have relationships with him.
Later he will steal more expensive staff from you.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
Tootylicious said:
I want to know how this ends, please keep us updated.

Maybe he's a drug addict or in debt and desperately needs to turn something into money.
You've ever been at his house?

Also, is he your "best friend" or just your best "friend"?

i would say closer to a best friend. he is kind of a secretive guy who doesnt communicate very well, but we have suspected that he had a problem with meth for a short time (when he took the wii from those guys). we are sure he isnt doing it anymore because it was kind of obvious he was on something back then. 

when he is confronted with confrontation, he always hides and doesnt answer his phone for weeks until everyone "forgets" whatever messed up thing he has done. i guess i really dont know why any of us put up with it. he does this to all his friends. 

my wife send him this text last night:

"people always say that the best way to get over addictions and issues is to admit that there is a problem in the first place

chav, it is obvious that you have a problem, and we feel like the only way for you to begin fixing your problem is to start admitting it. you have been able to sneak by without ever admitting what you do but it's time for you to face it so that your life and relationships can be more healthy. 

we know that you stole a mario game a little while ago and now 4 amiibos are missing.

unfortunately, you are not welcome to our house until you admit and restore the items that you have taken. we understand that it might be uncomfortable for you to address the issue head on but we know the truth anyway and it would please us to see you handle it respectfully.

do whatever feels most comfortable for you, whether you want to give us the items back directly or on the porch, but we need you to admit you stole from us before we can feel comfortable allowing you into our home again. 

we love you and we hope you do not hide from the truth so we can hang out with you again as soon as possible :)"

You're a kind couple. I'm not sure how I would've reacted, I can't even think of my closer friends stealing from me.

The way you describe him it really sounds like he's got a problem. I hope that he'll trust you and open up.

It's disheartening to see all the cold responses or others making a joke out of this.

Ive done psychedelics, smoked a lot of weed, used to do MDMA and ecstacy for two years and am currently addicted to cigarettes. I will say this - just because someones in a bad spot does not mean they can't pull themselves out. Within a few months I will have made the biggest comeback financially out of all my friends and honestly... At my lowest, I would've loved to have someone like you.

When I was still younger and experimenting with these drugs a friend of mine was with me at an after party to a rave. This had been someone I knew since grade school.... One of my best friends. Someone loved within our circle. He wound up disappearing for a while that night but I never thought anything of it. The next morning we were at his house and we talked about the night before and then he told me... "Dude. I smoked meth last night."

There were two rules I had during those years: never, ever try meth. Never, ever try heroin.

Naturally I kept my composure when he said this but I was shocked at the time. I asked him what it was like and how this had happened. Then I made sure he wasn't planning on making the same mistake.

Over time Sam started to change. At parties things would begin missing. Little things at first. In hindsight he never took from us, his kindergarten brothers but eventually some colleagues found out he was stealing from them at a party and got kicked out. He was acting really weird, he looked strange all the time and started wearing a hood a lot. We all knew what was going on... A slow, gradual decay. We had little choice and eventually just abandoned him.

One of the greatest sins I think I've ever committed is not fulfilling my obligation to help him as a friend. Based on everything you've said, you've earned my respect and admiration as a person. If he's struggling with this kind of problem, help him before it's too Iate.meth is no joke and if he was on it before chances are he never left. People can change. I've changed. You owe it to him as a human being, as a friend to steer him on the right path. All of these negative responses are cold and bitter and they can honestly go fuck themselves. The last thing we need is someone else giving up.

aLkaLiNE said:
It's disheartening to see all the cold responses or others making a joke out of this.

All of these negative responses are cold and bitter and they can honestly go fuck themselves. The last thing we need is someone else giving up.

Not knocking down the rest of your post which was very nice, and I'm sorry for your friend, but I think our reactions, however inappropriate, are due to us knowing the OP a little bit better than you. Wanna see coldness and lack of sympathy much worse than this? Go to the OPs YouTube channel.

I commend you for your compassion. I had my best friend steal from me 15 some odd years or so ago. It was only money nothing I was personally attached to. I confronted him, let him know it was not ok, that I worked for what I had. We got past it and he is still my best friend going on 25 years now. It takes some time but trust can be rebuilt if not fully restored. He is one of only two of my friends that know where I keep the spare key to my house.