By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-men Apocalypse: Olivia Munn is casted as Psylocke

EspadaGrim said:
AeolusI dissagre51 said:

They wouldn't explain it if she's a minor character in the movie but she should be played by an asian actress none the less. 

Sorry i disagree i don't think that there is problem with them portraying Psylocke as white, and people on reddit don't have problem with it and they are usually really vocal about whitewashing characters.

It is funny how people see folks of mixed ancestry. I always thought of Olivia Munn as asian, not white.  Maybe it was her Chun-Li cosplay that made me see more of her Chinese roots.

Around the Network

Half chinese half japanese half american

I'm a comics fan and I owned a decent amount of X-Men comics but, aside from getting her ass kicked by Sabertooth, I can't remember a single significant Psylocke story. I know she is a fan favorite but is it because of her depth of character or because she is hot?

Five yrs ago this casting would have been cool, but in light of her new found fame (ie sleeping with directors and being bumchums with that Ellen DeGeneres person) i cant agree with this casting.

She was rusty at first, shes had a good 3 yrs to improve herself but she has proven jack shit, well appart from the fact that she is an awful actress.

d21lewis said:
I'm a comics fan and I owned a decent amount of X-Men comics but, aside from getting her ass kicked by Sabertooth, I can't remember a single significant Psylocke story. I know she is a fan favorite but is it because of her depth of character or because she is hot?

The only thing i can remember from the 90s comic.. Is that she's a home wrecker! She tried to steal cyclops from Jean!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
binary solo said:
hatmoza said:
I used to think she was so attractive 7 years ago on Attack of the Show... no! she WAS more attractive... she just got yucky over the years.

Being an old guy I normally find women get more attractive as they age, as long as they don't have face work done, and as long as they don't blimp out, or become stick figures. So I have to disagree with you here.

being a young guy i agree!

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

NiKKoM said:
d21lewis said:

The only thing i can remember from the 90s comic.. Is that she's a home wrecker! She tried to steal cyclops from Jean!

The only home wrecker is Cyclops himself. "I am going to abandon my wife and child for my girlfriend back from the dead and not explain anything to anyone!" You don't need to wonder why people prefered Jean with Wolverine.

NiKKoM said:
d21lewis said:

I remember that story arc. My brother had the issue where Jean confronts Psylocke. She psychic knifed Jean in the head and left her on the floor and walked off. I know it was wrong, but laughed my ass off. The way she just dropped Jean with one strike was epic.

d21lewis said:

The best stuff written about her was when she was fragile. She had mind controlling powers yet wore an full metal armour suit. The change was defined well by herself (can't remember the writer) when she said that she wore the armour to protect herself but she not longer needs that because she has her new fighting skills to do that.

Sadly this Psylocke has long since been lost to bad comics. The character in recent times has been broken again by bad writers. When Claremont brought her back to life after she was killed by Vargas he wrote her correctly, elegant British girl, who just happened to be in a japanese body and could fight really well. Now, she's just a killer because writers don't know what else to do with her, they flung her with X-force (that cold hearted team of murderers that Wovlerine lead, the biggest murderer of them all) but not because of who she was, just because a writer thought she fitted (See also Angel, a good person, who turned into Archangel and then killed but in the guilt of knowing his Archangel persona killed when Angel himself wouldn't, he'd never change into Archangel... ever, huge characterisation issue there).

The character has been tainted.

But in true response to your points, no there haven't been a single good story about her in over 20 years and yes because she is hot.

...sometimes thinking about how bad some things in comics get annoys me so much. Bad characterisations because of bad writing. I really miss Morrison and Carey.

Hmm, pie.

Aeolus451 said:
Isn't Psylocke japanese?

Psylocke's name in the comics is Elizabeth Braddock and does that sound like a Japanese name to you?

She got body swapped with a Japanese villiain and her original body was killed leaving her trapped in a Japanese woman's body after all comics are very, very weird especially the x-men.