By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom announces Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS

spemanig said:
Tlozjb said:

You can't seriously believe that the N3DS will keep the 3DS brand "afloat" for two whole years. Of course it's coming out next year. The 3DS is on a quick decline, and the Wii U is already not a factor. They need something else, and fast. That thing is the NX, and it'll be next year.

You keep saying quick/huge/etc decline yet its up YoY. And will be close to flat WW YoY by end of 2015.

not saying next HH wont come next year but its not close to guaranteed and 3ds is still being supported in 2016...

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Anyone else find the hate this game's trailer is getting on YouTube kinda strange? I think it looks pretty neat, though I will need to see more. But this thing has over 1/3 dislikes on YouTube.

I think japanese gamers are fed up that the game is still exclusive to nintendo

Ruler said:
Nuvendil said:
Anyone else find the hate this game's trailer is getting on YouTube kinda strange? I think it looks pretty neat, though I will need to see more. But this thing has over 1/3 dislikes on YouTube.

Correction: Sony fanboys are fed up that the game is still exclusive to Nintendo.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

Correction: Sony fanboys are fed up that the game is still exclusive to Nintendo.

Sony fanboys? i think its not fanboyism to be angry if a franchise who started for ps2 and psp isnt comming out for playstation since a decade. 

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

Sony fanboys? i think its not fanboyism to be angry if a franchise who started for ps2 and psp isnt comming out for playstation since a decade. 

Final Fantasy started on Nintendo, but the last time a mainline entry landed on one of their systems in over two decades.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

Final Fantasy started on Nintendo, but the last time a mainline entry landed on one of their systems in over two decades.

At least Square had very good and convincing reasons to swtich Final Fantasy from N64 to Playstation (which nevertheless caused a lot of grief among the fans) It was practically impossible for the N64 to run Final Fantasy 7, thanks to the limited storage cartridges had and their costs. The Vita on the other hand has no problem running a 3DS game. Monster Hunter going 3DS exclsuive make too little sense to me, not that I care about the series.

Capcom may have equally good reason for keeping Monster Hunter on Nintendo systems. Maybe Ninty agreed to help them expand the game's reach in the West; they did bundle it with the launch of the New 3DS, and even made a MH themed 3DS model. Exclusivity may have been Capcom's part in the deal.

SpokenTruth said:
Ruler said:

Do you have any idea the number of IPs that started on Nintendo consoles that are no longer there?

And why they are there? because third parties choose to, sony isnt paying them money like nintendo does for MH

Ruler said:
And why they are there? because third parties choose to, sony isnt paying them money like nintendo does for MH

Can you provide a source for that claim?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Ruler said:
SpokenTruth said:

Do you have any idea the number of IPs that started on Nintendo consoles that are no longer there?

Oh please, you don't even have proof of that... The Vita sells like shit, why would they bother with high profile games?

And Sony didn't pay for games like Bloodborne exclusivety?

MH4U already shipped 1 million units in the West, making it the fastest selling MH in the franchise's history (in the West). 

Ruler said:
SpokenTruth said:

Just like Capcom chooses to put Monster Hunter on 3DS. You don't think Sony moneyhats exclusives?