By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom announces Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS

tbone51 said:
Xxain said:
Im surprised at where they're are going with this. This looks like something Level 5 would do. Im was not feeling that at all.

Its ok, they are mostly looking at the japanese customers, given it will be a million+ for this spin off :p

I meant that while realizing this is still Japan focused. MH was first released in 2004, so I would think alot of the followers would be older? Not saying there is not a younger crowd, but this looks made for, not just aimed, at kids... Like LV5 Multi media projects. Seeing the kid ride Rhatalos looked stupid. 

That was my first impression from watching the trailer, "that was stupid"

Around the Network

Yessiree, that exclusivity contract is gonna run out any day now and then Capcom will go running right back to Playstation. Aaaannnyyy day now.

Samus Aran said:
vkaraujo said:

2016 - 3DS:

- Bravely Second
- Fire Emblem IF
- Monster Hunter Stories
- Pokemon (Most likely)

Awesome RPG line-up. *-*

Now give me Golden Sun 3DS.

Don't forget Youkai Watch.

I could be wrong, but ain't it coming to the west in 2015?

the_dengle said:
Yessiree, that exclusivity contract is gonna run out any day now and then Capcom will go running right back to Playstation. Aaaannnyyy day now.

I thought of this, im starting to think the entire thing was made up now :0

The best part hasnt happened yet, when an official MH goes to Vita/PS4 or Multiplat with either of them, we will never hear the end of it. (Too many things to list lol)

the_dengle said:

What I don't understand is why anyone would actually think Capcom would abandon easy sales like that. Even they aren't that stupid.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Nuvendil said:

True.  But let's not forget this is Capcom.  Intelligent decision making isn't really their usual shtick.  I mean, MH as a franchise makes more sense on home consoles for the west but that hasn't gotten through to them yet either :p

However taking away 4 million plus sales of the 3DS is a hard move. So I think they are smarter than you think, at least with Monster Hunter. Low cost games making 4 million plus Nintendo handling pubslishing versus higher cost and not proven western sales. 

Add: Also lets not forget, Nintendo most likely does have some monetary deal in place, so they most likely cover a lot of normal costs with that as well. 

Nobody is saying to ignore the 3DS. By all means, release the game on 3DS, just make a port for Vita, that would probably sell an extra 600k - 1mil. They could even do something like this. Release MH4 on 3DS, then MH4U on 3DS and Vita + Wii U, using the same assets for the last two consoles. And when it comes to Stories - just release it on both consoles.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Acevil said:

However taking away 4 million plus sales of the 3DS is a hard move. So I think they are smarter than you think, at least with Monster Hunter. Low cost games making 4 million plus Nintendo handling pubslishing versus higher cost and not proven western sales. 

Add: Also lets not forget, Nintendo most likely does have some monetary deal in place, so they most likely cover a lot of normal costs with that as well. 

Nobody is saying to ignore the 3DS. By all means, release the game on 3DS, just make a port for Vita, that would probably sell an extra 600k - 1mil. They could even do something like this. Release MH4 on 3DS, then MH4U on 3DS and Vita + Wii U, using the same assets for the last two consoles. And when it comes to Stories - just release it on both consoles.

What if Nintendo handles a lot of costs. Like they most likely did, should Capcom ignore that?  I was mostly focusing on the home console part of the quote earlier. 

Looks interesting..

tbone51 said:

I thought of this, im starting to think the entire thing was made up now :0

The best part hasnt happened yet, when an official MH goes to Vita/PS4 or Multiplat with either of them, we will never hear the end of it. (Too many things to list lol)

I'm just remembering a couple years ago, I'm pretty sure people were saying the supposed contract would end after the release of MH4 in 2013. Then the story changed to the contract ending in 2014. Then 2015. Now it will be up in 2017 I guess? I'm expected to believe increasingly unlikely tales of Capcom signing an unreasonably long exclusivity deal with Nintendo in the middle of their huge success on PSP. It's approaching a ten-year-long deal at this point.

The alternative to that story would be that the contract keeps being extended, but that flies in the face of the narrative that Capcom must regret partnering with Nintendo because of "low" sales on their platforms, and will immediately return to Sony at the first opportunity. Or maybe Nintendo is just shelling out embarrassing amounts of cash even while posting financial losses to keep the series exclusive, so that they can have a spin-off release on the 3DS the year its successor is revealed.

Acevil said:
Scisca said:

What if Nintendo handles a lot of costs. Like they most likely did, should Capcom ignore that?  I was mostly focusing on the home console part of the quote earlier. 

That's why I asked about the end of the deal. Still, I'm sure Sony would be more than happy to help carry that burden if the got MH back on their console And when it comes to home consoles, I'm happy with keeping MH on Wii U. A PS4 port would require much more work from Capcom, cause the expectations of PS4 gamers are higher, but Vita and Wii U ports could actually be exactly the same and everybody would be happy.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.