By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom announces Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS

Scisca said:
Looks awesome, but I can't believe this is a 3DS game. Looks way too good. The artstyle is ace though.

And again - Capcom, Y U no port to Vita!? Give Vita some love finally. I'd 100% buy it on Vita, on 3DS - maybe one day.
When is that deal with Nintendo rummoured to end?

Was a deal ever confirmed to exist? :P

Seriously, is it so hard to believe Capcom is just full of cheapskates?  I mean, look at the MH3U Wii U port and the resource investment - or lack thereof - they put in.  Look at the last two Mega Man games and the budgets those got.  Capcom is just min-maxing here.  3DS is both the cheapest to develop for and has five times the iinstallbase.  

Around the Network
teigaga said:
sc94597 said:

Only as far as resolution/image quality goes. Otherwise it isn't any more impressive than XBC, Okami, or Dragon Quest VIII. Although it would be neat if they plan a Wii U version too. :)  

textures too

Here's what PS2 cell-shading looks like in HD. 

Nuvendil said:
Scisca said:
Looks awesome, but I can't believe this is a 3DS game. Looks way too good. The artstyle is ace though.

And again - Capcom, Y U no port to Vita!? Give Vita some love finally. I'd 100% buy it on Vita, on 3DS - maybe one day.
When is that deal with Nintendo rummoured to end?

Seriously, is it so hard to believe Capcom is just full of cheapskates?  I mean, look at the MH3U Wii U port and the resource investment - or lack thereof - they put in.  Look at the last two Mega Man games and the budgets those got.  Capcom is just min-maxing here.  3DS is both the cheapest to develop for and has five times the iinstallbase.  

I guess it wasn't, but I hope it ends soon

I know they are min-maxing, still they could make a cheap port to the Vita. They wouldn't have to put a lot of effort into it. OLED and higher res alone would make the game look better and I'm sure the textures and other stuff they prepare for the game is of higher quality than what we see on 3DS screen, just like it was in the case of DS games that look incredible on PC emulators. I'm sure the extra sales would more than make up for the port's costs.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Nuvendil said:

I know they are min-maxing, still they could make a cheap port to the Vita. They wouldn't have to put a lot of effort into it. OLED and higher res alone would make the game look better and I'm sure the textures and other stuff they prepare for the game is of higher quality than what we see on 3DS screen, just like it was in the case of DS games that look incredible on PC emulators. I'm sure the extra sales would more than make up for the port's costs.

True.  But let's not forget this is Capcom.  Intelligent decision making isn't really their usual shtick.  I mean, MH as a franchise makes more sense on home consoles for the west but that hasn't gotten through to them yet either :p

nice art but the concept is sooo wrong.

Whats the point having kids in the world of monster hunter where the objective is to... hunt 'monsters'.
First I thought the tigrex looked weak, then they bring in that puney rathalos, and the congalala looks like it escaped from a circus.

Is it safe to say that smashing their heads in for bonuses, chopping off their tales and carving monsters wont be in this game?

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Scisca said:

True.  But let's not forget this is Capcom.  Intelligent decision making isn't really their usual shtick.  I mean, MH as a franchise makes more sense on home consoles for the west but that hasn't gotten through to them yet either :p

However taking away 4 million plus sales of the 3DS is a hard move. So I think they are smarter than you think, at least with Monster Hunter. Low cost games making 4 million plus Nintendo handling pubslishing versus higher cost and not proven western sales. 

Add: Also lets not forget, Nintendo most likely does have some monetary deal in place, so they most likely cover a lot of normal costs with that as well. 

Nuvendil said:

Well they created a port of RE:R2 for Vita, min-maxing maybe one reason but it's hard to believe the isn't some kind of partnership after all Nintendo do handle publishing in the EU and have had a big hand in pushing the game in the west.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Looks cool! I have never played Monster Hunter before, I am thinking about 4U. Is it an RPG with a level up system?

Me neither, but I really hope so! The leveling system is what made me stay away from MH, personally.

EpicLight said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
Looks cool! I have never played Monster Hunter before, I am thinking about 4U. Is it an RPG with a level up system?

Me neither, but I really hope so! The leveling system is what made me stay away from MH, personally.

Um you killl monsters you make gear is the system (Gear basically determine your stats)..... unless I don't remember what I learned from Monster Hunter Tri. 

Acevil said:
EpicLight said:

Um you killl monsters you make gear is the system (Gear basically determine your stats)..... unless I don't remember what I learned from Monster Hunter Tri. 

HEy-ey, you got it! It's okay, you remembered right.