By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom announces Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS

teigaga said:
Bullshot in video form or cross gen (3DS/HDS), because what we saw in that video is not running on the 3DS or N3DS.

Anyway looks great and past monster hunter games have never managed to grip me.

Isn't that just a CGI video though? :/

Around the Network

Woops, double post .-.

EpicLight said:
curl-6 said:

Even for N3DS, those graphics look a little too high res to be realtime, in my opinion.

Could be true, but we really don't know what the system can do except compare it to something as big as XC. Remember this is what Nintendo is using to expand the 3DS life by at least a couple of more years.

I wonder how that Call of Duty N3DS is rumoring about :)

if cod comes to 3ds, it won't be n3ds exclusive.

curl-6 said:
sc94597 said:

Only as far as resolution/image quality goes. Otherwise it isn't any more impressive than XBC, Okami, or Dragon Quest VIII. Although it would be neat if they plan a Wii U version too. :)  

Not a high budget PS3/360 game of course, but the image quality here looks HD, which we're clearly not getting from a 240p screen. 

It's not just graphics though, I want to see how the game actually plays.

That's probably because it's a cutscene made for marketing purposes.

MohammadBadir said:
teigaga said:
Bullshot in video form or cross gen (3DS/HDS), because what we saw in that video is not running on the 3DS or N3DS.

Anyway looks great and past monster hunter games have never managed to grip me.

Isn't that just a CGI video though? :/

It could just be pre-rendered video for promotion purposes or cutscenes but thats kind of what I meant by bullshot :P

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I can't see the final graphics looking like this, looks more like a PS3/360 title than a 3DS one.

Only as far as resolution/image quality goes. Otherwise it isn't any more impressive than XBC, Okami, or Dragon Quest VIII. Although it would be neat if they plan a Wii U version too. :)  

textures too

Yeah, that looks pretty fucking sweet.

The look of it seems great, it will be interesting if this is still more of a action game like the core series or if it goes full blown turn based RPG.

Either way, a welcome development and potentially awesome release for the 3DS... hope the US actually gets to see it localized.

Looks awesome, but I can't believe this is a 3DS game. Looks way too good. The artstyle is ace though.

And again - Capcom, Y U no port to Vita!? Give Vita some love finally. I'd 100% buy it on Vita, on 3DS - maybe one day.
When is that deal with Nintendo rummoured to end?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Looks really cool,good sign for the 3DS,it has at least another full year :)